Ch. 36- The Sacrifice

Alvar stomped out the fire and glanced at Sophie nervously. After he showed her his side of the story, she fell asleep and started regaining her memories on ehr side of the story. Alvar can't imagine replaying those awful moments of your childhood. Alvar only knows his side of the story; however, it wasn't his place to invade on her memory regaining. Alvar heard rustling coming from his left. He quickly used his vanisher powers and tucked into the brush. Suddenly, Fitz and the rest of his friends came barreling through the forest. Alvar silently cursed, not wanting them to interfere with Sophie's memory regain. Fitz kneeled down and put his hand on Sophie's forehead.

"She is alive but asleep. Her mind is weirdly closed like it is doing a clean up of her mind or something." Fitz said, confused.

"What do you mean? Can you wake her up?" Biana asked worriedly.

"Don't you dare wake her up!" Alvar silently panicked. If they wake her up, they will interfere with her memories!

"I can try..." Fitz trailed off. Tam looked at Sophie curiously before his eyes widened, realizing something.

"Maybe she should let her sleep. Her mind could be doing something important. We could ruin something..." Tam said. Alvar looked at Tam, trying to figure out what he knows. Tam must know that something is up with Sophie and that she needed to figure stuff out.

"No, what if something is wrong? I vote we wake her up." Dex said. Tam looked panicked, but everyone was too worried by Sophie to notice him mumbling about to leave her alone.

"I'm gonna wake her up in three..." Fitz started. Alvar cursed and wondered what he could do to distract them.

"Two..." Fitz said, placing his hand on her temple. Alvar groaned on what he was about to do and turned off his invisibility.

"One-"

"STOP!" Alvar yelled. The team jumped back and opened their hands to attack him. Alvar had his hands up in a sign of surrender, glancing at Sophie everyone and then them.

"You..." Fitz seethed, glaring daggers at his brother.

"Don't wake her up, it will only ruin everything." Alvar reasoned.

"What did you do to her Alvar?!" Biana snapped. Alvar looked sympathetically at his little sister and brother. They always looked up to him, and when he joined the Neverseen, he broke their hearts.

"I'm helping her, you wouldn't understand!" Alvar said calmly. Everyone still looked on edge.

"Why would you help her?! You're her enemy-" Biana was cut off by a small voice behind Alvar.

"No, he isn't." Sophie groaned, pushing herself off the ground.

"Oh, thank the gods." Alvar sighed, walking over to her and helping her up. Sophie's team looked at her as if she went insane.

"Sophie, what are you doing? He is Alvar, why wouldn't he be our enemy?!" Dex snapped. Sophie looked sympathetically at everyone.

"Did you get your memories back?" Alvar asked quietly.

"Yeah..." Sophie trailed off, looking like she was about to cry.

"Amalia, I am so sorry-"

"I don't want to talk about it... please." Sophie's voice broke, and she looked away. Alvar nodded and looked at everyone.

"Wait hold up, who is Amalia? And why are we not blowing up Alvar to another continent right now?" Tam asked. Sophie looked around at everyone and sighed.

"You guys, I am -" Sophie was cut off by a massive explosion.

"What in Kynarath's name was that?!" Sophie yelled, struggling to keep steady. Alvar pressed a finger into his earpiece.