Ch. 20- The Stolen

"How much longer do you think our dads are going to be talking for?" Amalia asked Alvar, peeping into her father's office window.

"I honestly don't know. My dad, once he learns about a new subject, he will continue to study it forever. And he learned that there was a whole another hidden race, of course, he is going to want to stay." Alvar reasoned.

"Far point. My dad is kinda a nerd like that too." Amalia mocked. Alvar let out a snort. Amalia suddenly stopped and whipped her head behind her, almost like she could sense something before it was there.

"Get down!" She harshly whispered. She pulled Alvar down under the brush as some black cloaked people walked by. After they were well out of earshot, Alvar spoke.

"Those look exactly like the people that attacked my father and I a week ago," Alvar whispered. Amalia nodded.

"Those are Neverseen members. See the green eye patch they have sewn on their arm? They have struck up a deal with one of our corrupt leaders within the Inalian Senate, Vincenzo Esposito. He is the same man that killed our entire family tree except for my aunt and my father. They managed to escape. Vincenzo is letting them run their shady deals and slave trades in our city in exchange for 25% of their dealings. My father has gone half-mad trying to get them out of our city, and he is still doing work outside of Inalia aswell. They have been taking young children and teenagers to work in their slave camps. We have no idea what they are building, but my father's spies say that it is called project Nightfall, that is all the info we have. Those are their scouts, looking around for any innocent victims they can take." Amalia said, slowly crouching out of the brush.

"Damn." Was all Alvar could say.

"I know," Amalia responded.

"We should probably head inside if they have their scouts crawling all around the place-" Alvar was cut off by screaming. Alexios ran from the guildhall and met Amalia and Alvar, who scanned around for the source of the sound.

"There!" Alexios said, pointing to the town square, which was lit up by torches and low burning street lamps. Two carriages were parked in the town square, hauling young children into the carriages.

"They are taking them right out in the open!" Amalia said in disbelief

"Go get my dad! I'm going to go try and get the other kids off the streets so they can't grab any more!" Amalia said, running down the cobblestone streets. Alexios nodded and ran back inside. Even though Alvar was scared down to his bones, he couldn't leave Amalia alone. Cursing at himself, he ran after Amalia, joining her ins rushing kids towards the guildhall. They were about two streets away from the town center when Alvar felt a hand on his shoulder. He whipped around to see a dark hooded figure staring down at him.

"Amalia!" Alvar yelled out as the man grabbed Alvar and started to drag him towards the carriages. Amalia stared in panic as he was hauled away.

"Alvar!" Amalia yelled, pushing her way into the crowds of terrified parents, towards the Neverseen carriages.