24~A Shadow of Your Mistakes~

Mansi POV

The assassins filtered through Inalia, Inalian citizens helping them. After the Assassins guild revealed themselves to the Inalian public, the Inalian people have been donating medical supplies, funding, food and more to the Assassins, and have been helping the injured. The rest of the assassins came down from the guildhall and met their fellow brethren and to figure out what happened on the mission. Mansi spied Alvar looking through the crowds of people, and she waved him down. Alvar relaxed and sped over to Mansi, holding her in a rib crushing hug.

"What happened?" Alvar asked his fiance, carefully observing each one of her wounds.

"It was... weird. There was no sign of Neverseen, but the Black-armored man was spotted for a few short moments by Nour, but then hundreds of Mirthless were sacked onto the Gala. We rushed everyone out, who were too busy worrying for themselves to notice us, and then retreated." Mansi explained. Alvar nodded and continued to observe her wounds, his cobalt eyes flickered with worry. Nour walked up behind him and clapped his hand on his shoulder.

"Don't worry, we are fine. There were no casualties, only a couple of injuries." Nour said to Alvar.

"No casualties?" Alvar asked, hopefully.

"Well, no casualties on any side, but one was taken," Mansi admitted, looking away. Alvar looked at the two of them curiously, wondering what they were talking about.

"Who was taken-" Alvar turned to see Alexios, Ruy, and Lilac run down the hill and desperately scan over the crowd. Mansi made eye contact with them, knowing who they were looking for.

But she wasn't here.

"Where is Ama-"

"Where is she?!" Ruy asked desperately. His azure eyes with plastered with worry, his black hair even messier than usual around his head. Mansi looked away, and Nour cleared his throat.

"The Council has her," Nour said sadly. Ruy's eyes widened, and he lost color in his face, and Lilac clung onto his hand. Ruy always spent so much time at the Morretti Villa that he and Lilac grew even closer, and he was like an older brother to her.

He was her guardian if anything... happened to Amalia.

Ruy exchanged looks with Alexios, who also lost all the color in his face.

"H-how?" Alexios asked with a quiet voice. Mansi turned to Nour as he explained.

"She was forced to reveal herself to protect the council from a Horoa, and they took the opportunity to apprehend her. We were forced to retreat."

"Without her?!" Ruy snapped, his face contorted into anger. Lilac squeezed Ruy's hand, his gaze turning to her. His face slightly softened as he saw her worried expression. In defeat, he placed a hand on his forehead and sighed.

"Ruy..." Alexios whispered, not wanting to say it. But it seemed Ruy knew what he was going to say.

Ruy was the second in command of the guild. Which meant that he was the leader until Sophie came home.

"I know, I know..." Ruy sighed. Ruy looked over the injured Assassins and worried Inalian civilians.

"Everyone, heal up and rest. Tomorrow, we have a mandatory meeting for all those who are able. We are getting her back." Ruy announced. All the Assassins roared in agreement and started towards their homes, most of them heading to the barracks in the Assassin guildhall.

"Alexios, can you handle things tonight? I have to bring Lilac home; I also have to take care of Ricin." Ruy whispered to Alexios. Alexios nodded and clapped Ruy on the back, flashing an encouraging smile.