Ch 16- The Surprise

Ten years later

Allesandro and Maria lived up to their parents legacy and rebuilt the Cyevan assassin's guild in their old home in Renisanca, the rich part of Inalia, one of the six ancient Vatarian cities. The Rebel group Neverseen has grown a large number of followers and is rumored to have a few Vatarian followers aswell. Allesandro, Leto, and Maria took up the challenge of rebuilding the Cyevan assassins, and they have done miraculously. Leto and Alessandro trained hard to become the master assassins of the guild with Allesandro working as the *Mentore. Maria wasn't too keen on the assassination parts, so she was their spy and their master of the people. She would come back with information along with being their leading engineer, along with keeping a successful boutique to hear rumors and keep the assassins in key with the people. They got the word out that the Cyevan assassins were once again working within the shadows of the old Morretti family home. People came from far and wide to join the legendary assassin guild, people were bruised, beaten, and ruined by the corrupt leader of all races. It became a safe haven to all races, damaged ogres, depressed elves, scared lith, Allesandro welcomed everyone into the guild as long as they were right and loyal. Allesandro became one of the most deadly assassins in the world, using his charms and handsome face to deceive and confuse those who deserved it. He tried to remain cold and distant to anyone that wasn't in the guild. Especially women, he didn't have the time to settle down with a relationship. At least that is what he thought.

Allesandro flicked the blood away from his wrist blades and checked his robes to make sure they weren't any dripping blood. He quickly left the scene, where he slit a corrupt ogre generals throat, making sure that by leaving the body that he was giving a message. He climbed out the window and flipped up onto the rooftops, where his other assassination recruits were waiting.

"It is done, head back to the guildhall. Recover and relax, this was an intense contract, you all deserve it. Talk to Maria about possibly upgrading your gear aswell Cleo, your arrowheads need sharpening." Allesandro said, readjusting his leather vambraces where his wrist blades were hidden. His Assassins recruits saluted him by placing their right arm over their chest and ran and ducked on the rooftops, away from any public eye, back to the Assassin guildhall. Sometimes their contracts require them to go outside of Inalia, but they became lucky with this one, and they were able to stay in the city. Allesandro checked the time and stumbled over his feet. He was at least 20 minutes late to meet with Leto. 

Allesandro quickly pulled down his hood, revealing his barely aged face, he is Vatarian after all. His hair was slightly longer and still tied back in typical Vatarian fashion. His former clean-shaven face had been grown in by stubble. He also had a scar going across his upper lip that he got from his adventures. Allesandro jumped down into a dark alleyway and entered the bust city streets, pretending he was another busy goer on the roads of Inalia. Allesandro rushed into the late-night farmers market where they were breaking down their carts to make way for the festival preparations. Leto stood next to a wall, with his leg propped up and him holding a large cup of wine. He too as aged over the years, becoming a famed geneticist and being able to work with the genetics of an already living creature, along with secretly being Allesandro's right hand in the Assassins Guild.

"Well, look who decided to show up! I thought you were finally killed, to be honest." Leto announced as Allesandro walked forward.

"Hilarious Leto, truly. Why did you wish to bring me here, anyway? We went out drinking two nights ago!" Allesandro said, accepting the mug of ale a worker of the festival offered to him.

"I was going through the guild paperwork and saw that we have a new contract. I wanted you to come with me to try and scout out the person who submitted the contract." Leto said cooly, keeping his eye on the crowd. Allesandro nodded and trained his eyes on the group as well, trying to figure out who it could be. Vatarians form all the six different cities were gathering for the festival, all in the typical Inalian festival wear, which is either a chiton or peplos for those who were a bit poorer, which were loose style dresses and tunics secured at the waist or hip by a leather belt and fastened at the shoulder. Those who had more money to spend had more lavish heavier fabrics with large sleeves that sway and wisp behind them as they walked, with their vibrant, velvety hair pinned up by golden flowers and pins. After some time, people were filtering in.