13~Talking to an Old Friend~

Maha POV

"Gwen, please come in," Emery said from his office. Maha was using her elven alias in the council to keep a close eye on the elves. Sophie knew that the elves would try to figure out who returned Sofia, and assigned Maha as their lead spy in the lost cities to cover up as much information as possible, while the assassins back at the guildhall discuss their next move.

"Hello councilor Emery, I have some questions about the information you want to send out to the civilians of the Lost cities," Maha said, carefully hiding her accent.

"And what would that be?" Emery asked, leaning forward on his desk.

"With these notices, you sent out; it seems you included extra details that weren't given to us by the Vackers. Do you have any extra clues on who these mystery figures are?" Maha asked, her fake elven accent sharp. Emery tensed and looked to the side, avoiding her gaze.

"Councilor?" Maha asked.

"I have some educated guesses on who they could be. That is all."

"Oh, well, should I summon the rest of the council to discuss it with you? Since you have some ideas on who-"

"No!" Emery jumped up, startling Maha. Maha looked at him with a fake perplexed look, and Emery quickly regained his composure.

"I will tell them myself, thank you for reminding me, Gwen. If you could reorganize my files while I tell them, then you could go home for the day." Emery said quietly, nervously getting up from his desk. Maha thanked him and watched him walk out the door and down the hall, pretending to tell the other councilors.

"So he thinks that it is the Vatarians," Maha said quietly to herself. Maha searched through Emery's document's, grabbing anything of value.

"What do you think you are doing?" Emery snapped. Maha dropped the papers and glanced at him.

"Just reorganizing-"

"So you are a traitor then!" Emery said.

"Fuck it..." Maha raised her hand.

"You never saw anything. You are going to return to the hall and return to your procrastinating." Maha said in an intoxicatingly beautiful voice.

"I will return to the hall and return to my procrastinating," Emery repeated with a dead voice, leaving the room. One of the Cyevan spies peeped their head in and stared at Maha open-mouthed.

"You are a Mesmer?!" Her fellow spy asked.

"Didn't I mention?" Maha said sweetly, picking the papers and important items, before darting out the door.

Maha slammed the doors wide open and walked in with a handful of papers, throwing them down on the large table where at least twenty assassins were gathered around, including Sophie