9~Promise me~

Ruy woke up, the sun blinding him. He groaned and loosely covered his eyes with his hand, hoping to block out the rays. The sun was coming through an open window, a fresh bouquet of white and red flowers no doubt a courtesy from Filomena.

 The sun was coming through an open window, a fresh bouquet of white and red flowers no doubt a courtesy from Filomena

"I swear to the gods, if you ever do that again-" Sophie whispered from the dark of the medical room. She stepped out and chuckled, her arms crossed in front of her chest.

"I'll kill you myself," Sophie said, smiling. Ruy tried to push himself off the bed but cursed out and laid backdown.

"Take it easy, you did die after all," Sophie said, pushing Ruy back down.

"What?!" Ruy exclaimed.

"When you were... hit, your heart slowed so still that we could barely hear it and you closed your eyes so quickly, we assumed you were dead. We brought you back to the guildhall, and Maria said that you were alive, but barely. She had you in critical care for two days before you were stable enough to have visitors. I saw over your injuries and everything while you were recovering." Sophie explained. Sophie's eyes seemed a tad darker, and her hands shook.

"And why were you so worried about my well being, huh?" Ruy asked suggestivly. Sophie looked ready to yell, but Alexios opened the door and spotted Ruy.

"No, I'm telling you, I can eat a-" Alexios stopped when he saw Ruy.

"You are awake!" Alexios chirped, Alvar and Nour behind him. The three of them walked over and talked to him, asking how he was feeling and all the usual things, but in all honesty, Ruy wanted them out and to finish his conversation with Sophie. Mansi and Lilac walked through the door, hearing that Ruy was awake. Sophie deflated a little bit in her chair, also upset about all the people in the room. Sophie got up and wet a washcloth and placed it on his forehead, observing every detail of his face while she did. Mansi noticed how they looked at one another, and she glanced between the two of them. "Lia?" Lilac asked, tugging on Sophie sleeve.

"Yeah, sweetheart?" Sophie asked.

"Is Sofia staying with us?" Lilac asked. Sophie sighed and nodded.

"What?!" Ruy asked. Alvar looked to the side and sighed

"She is injured from the carriage crash, and we brought her here to hide her from the Neverseen for a little while. Since there is a high chance she would recognize me, Lilac and Amalia have volunteered to house her." Alvar explained. Ruy looked at Sophie, who nodded. Mansi was about to add to the conversations, but she noticed something between the two of them, and her eyes went wide.

"Hey, we should give him some more time to rest! He did die after all!" Mansi nervously chuckled.

"Why? He seems fine-" Lilac asked. Mansi grabbed Alvar and rushed everyone out the room.

"Let the man rest!" Mansi squeaked, pushing Nour out the door. Sophie and Ruy glanced at one another before back out the door, where Mansi finished ushering everyone out.