Ch. 8- The Deal

"Do you think I'm joking? Do not tell anyone!" Sophie begged, aggressively shaking Tam by the shoulders. All he could do was howl with laughter.

"You have had a secret tattoo this whole time? When does it end, Sophie?!" Tam joked, trying to choke down his laughter.

"Tam! Promise me!" Sophie begged, letting go of his shoulders.

"Okay, okay! I promise. But why were you trying to hide it from us, to begin with?" Tam asked.

"I... don't know. I just didn't want to bother anyone, I guess. We were already dealing with so much, I felt like it was irrelevant to what we were doing." Sophie explained. Tam simply nodded his head.

"Let's get you out of here." Sophie sighed, putting on her bloody shawl and putting Tam's arm over her shoulder. They limped out of the large hall and down the entrance staircase outside. Outside they had tents set up around the grass. The guards were all strewn around a strategy table, figuring out how the Neverseen got in. Once everyone saw Sophie and Tam limp down the stairs, they all went quiet, except for the medical staff which rushed towards Sophie and Tam. They picked Tam off from Sophie's shoulders and whisked him away to a medical tent. Tam sent Sophie a look of worry over his shoulder before being ushered into the medical tent.

 Sophie glanced over the crowd and met eyes with magnate Leto, who tried to quickly avert his eyes

This pissed Sophie off to no end.

She rushed towards him, determination in her eyes. She managed to corner Leto in a random tent.

"Hello, Ms. Foste-" Magnate Leto started.

"Why have you been ignoring us? We want to help, and after today I don't think you are going to be able to convince us to leave you alone this time. PLUS I would love details on why I just went X- Game mode on those Neverseen goons." Sophie questioned, stepping closer with each question.

"X-Game mode?" Leto asked, a grin growing on his face.

"Human thing. And stop avoiding the question!" Sophie pushed, pointing a finger at him.

The Black Swan leader sighed and looked around as if glancing around for someone.

Magnate Leto leaned in close.

"We believe we have a traitor among our ranks. We have no idea who it is, but we didn't want them to gain information about the Moonlark project. So we have been cutting off contact to protect you and the other Black Swan agents within the Elven world." Leto explained, pinching the bridge of his nose.

"Though that may have been smart then, what about now? We are constantly attacked and harassed! Is this better than what you imagined would have happened if we stayed with the Black Swan? Tam nearly died today!" Sophie scolded.

"We couldn't take any risks, Sophie! We needed to cut off some contacts just in case we did have traitor!" Leto harshly whispered back.

"Leto. My friends and I are tired of just sitting idly by waiting to be attacked while you deal with this traitor issue. We are coming back to the Black Swan, now. No use stopping it." Sophie said stubbornly, crossing her arms.