25~The Lost Book~

"Who are you?" Sophie asked, amazed at the control they had over the pebble.

"Some old crone they locked away. Welcome to Exile, where people are forgotten and left behind." The old lady admitted from over the window.

"Old?" Sophie whispered to herself.

"Yes, old. People often forget that everyone ages, even elves!" She laughed.

"Wait. What?" Sophie asked. The woman laughed and sighed from her cell; the sounds echoing into Sophie's cell because of the small window.

"The elves aren't old enough to know that our bodies do decay, with the wrinkles and white hair, all bodies do it. They just haven't lived long enough." The lady explained. Sophie listened open-mouthed as the lady casually explained. What species has outlived the elves?

Then it clicked.

Elves are descendants of Vatarians.

Vatarians outlived the elves.

"You are Vatarian?!" Sophie asked, her voice slightly shrill.

"Well, of course I am girly." The lady laughed.

"How do you know all of this?!" Sophie asked, looking up at the window.

"I have lived longer than every single elf here, of course, I would have learned a few things over my years."

Sophie thought through the small bits of information the lady was giving her. The elves left the Vatarians before the Vatarians civilized six official cities, and if this lady was older than the elves, that means she predates the Vatarian cities.

She was an ancient Vatarian.

The Vatarians with Pancras souls.

"You okay over there, girly? You have gotten fairly quiet-"

"I have questions!" Sophie desperately squeaked out. The lady went quiet from over on her cell, leaving Sophie to glare at the window desperately.

"Well, I'm not going anywhere. Spit em out!"

 Spit em out!"

Biana POV

"Are you okay?" Della asked desperately, looking at Biana at all sides for any cuts and bruises.

"I'm fine. I'm fine..." Biana said, delicately taking her mother's hands off her face.

"Well, were fine because the Assassins were there," Tam added on. Everyone in Everglen piped up and talked over one another, asking a flurry of questions.

"Okay, okay! Biana, did you come into contact with any one of them?" Leto asked.

"Yeah, but I didn't know it until we were running away," Biana admitted.

"What did they look like?" Leto asked. Biana explained the beautiful woman with extreme detail, and Leto's face lit up with each word she said.

"Wait!" Alden exclaimed, running into the other room. Alden came running back, Allesandro's book in his hands and flipping through the pages. A small photo fell out of the pages, and Alden scooped it up and handed it to Biana.