21~It's Complicated, Okay?~

Linh POV

Everyone listened, shocked, and open-mouthed.

"So, wait, wait, wait, wait. Sophie was never an elf in the first place, but a Vatarian from the secret Vatarian race? Her dad was the leader of some badass Assassins guild and those people that returned Sofia were... assassins?" Fitz asked quietly. Leto leaned up against the wall, taking in everyone's questions.

"Yeah, pretty much," Leto said casually.

"So, they are like people that... take lives?" Linh asked uncomfortably.

"The Vatarians are the ancestors of the elves, but we are not the elves. We are stronger, faster, and we aren't scared of blood. But no, the Cyevan Assassins aren't just killers. They are spies, thieves, and infiltrators. Our main purpose is to protect the light from among the shadows, as it is written in our creed. We aren't bad people, we just did what was required to protect the innocent." Leto explained casually.

"Wait, we? Leto, you were a Cyevan Assassin?" Keefe asked, jumping up. Leto chuckled and reached into his pocket, revealing the long red sash that all the assassins had, but his was a bit worn from time.

"Allesandro was my best friend, and I was his right hand when it came to running the guild, and raising Amalia. It was hard on me when he... passed." Leto said quietly.

"You mean murdered." Alden corrected. Leto sighed and nodded, not wanting to say the words himself.

"I created the Black Swan while I was in the Assassins, as a sort of outpost we could have in the elven cities, but it wasn't my priority. When Inalia was attacked, and the guild fell, I had to escape with Amalia. I brought her to the Black Swan, but none of them knew that I wasn't an elf but a Vatarian. I gave Sophie one or two extra powers to cover up the fact that I was simply just trying to save her life, not create some powerful weapon. But after she woke up, she refused to eat, drink, or anything. We all decided it would be easier to erase her memories and place her in a safe environment, like with humans where the Neverseen would never find her." Leto explained. Everyone took the massive amount of info in, not even knowing what to say.

"I knew the council erased Alden's memories, but it seems Alvar was able to get away without a scratch on his memories. Alvar only joined the Neverseen to gain info. I then decided that I wanted Sophie closer, so I made the Black Swan point her out to you in the human world, where you found her and brought her here." Leto finished.

"The council took your memories of Inalia? Why?" Biana asked Alden. Alden looked nervously round before caving.

"Alvar and I weren't careful enough on one of our visits, and the council gathered that we may have found one of the hidden Vatarian cities. They placed trackers on our clothing and gained the location of Inalia. The Elven council then sold out the location to the Neverseen." Alden explained. Linh nearly toppled over at that news.

The council was the cause of... all of that destruction? They sold out an entire race of innocent people?!

"It seems Alvar is the only that fully knows the details of the council's betrayal, but the Vatarians rightly cut of contact with any races years ago. People have to set out and try to find it." Leto said, pushing himself off the wall.

"So you think that Sophie isn't dead, but rebuilding her guild in Inalia?" Dex asked.

"It's a possibility. I know Amalia better than anyone, and stubborn is one of the first words I would use to describe her. She is also highly trained, and she broke out of a slave trader castle when she was six, I think she could handle a Neverseen base at age 16. But I am also not throwing out the possibility that it isn't her and someone else decided to rebuild the guild. It is a possibility that Alexios is alive and is the one rebuilding the guild. But I know one thing, and those uniforms they are wearing?" Leto pointed to the two assassins in the image.