29~The Key and Hidden Keyhole~

Leto POV

Leto dragged everyone out of the city and relax on the outer walls, everyone comprehending what they just say. Everyone was deadly quiet until Keefe started to burst into laughter.

"She-she was right there!" Keefe turned to everyone.

"You guys, she was right there!" Keefe laughed. Smiles broke on everyone's faces, and they all chuckled and looked at one another in disbelief. Leto looked among everyone, who were giggling and gasping, but Leto couldn't focus. What has happened to Inalia? What about his family? Leto glanced over everyone's faces and knew that they weren't running the same questions threw their heads. But Leto's eyes stopped as he glanced at Dex, who didn't seem to match the same cheer. Dex wore a blank expression and was deadly pale, swallowing the shock.

"De-"

"Woah, move!" Fitz yelled, pulling Linh out of the way as crowds pushed their way out of the city. People were quiet and whispering among themselves, wondering about the Assassins. The friends all crept to the sides of the walls.

"W-what do we do now?" Biana asked with a shaky voice. Leto thought through everything, debating what to do.

"We need to focus on stealing that book back." Leto decided

"Wait, what? Leto, Foster is alive-"

"I know that Keefe, but think logically! Sophie is going to be dealing with the public outroar of the guild, and she needs to recover. Meanwhile, there is a highly dangerous book containing priceless information, just sitting in Exiullium. If Sophie were here with us, she would want us to focus on the big picture!" Leto argued back. Everyone nervously glanced at one another.

"Yeah, yeah, okay..." Fitz breathed. Leto texted Alden, telling him they were coming back. Dex got up shakily and looked down at the ground, not a single word coming out of him. Everyone kept glancing at the center of the city, wondering what Sopheiw as doing.

"Hey," Leto started. The group turned to him.

"She is going to be fine. She has clearly thrived, and I promise you, we will see her again." Leto said encouragingly. The group smiled at one another, and they all agreed. But, deep down, Leto was striving to see his Rastus daughter again, and he would do anything to get her back. And everyone else was just as uneasy.

Sophie and Ruy finally emerged from the tunnel, their clothing a tad bit worse for wear

"What the hell happened to you two?" Mansi asked as they emerged from the tunnel that was dug into a large mountain, to be greeted with the small Assassin camp.

"The tunnel wasn't as deserted as we thought," Ruy admitted, wiping the blood off his sword. Sophie patted down her now ripped red dress, her hair wild and her face grimy.

"Mirthless. Apparently, the Neverseen have been using that tunnel recently to house them." Sophie sighed, slightly tumbling into Ruy from dizziness.