35~He's Our Brother Too~

I accidentally wrote a mix of using both Amalia and Sophie in this chapter, not one or the other, so sorry if it bothers you!

Ruy POV

"Get away from me! My dad-"

"-Was forced away from you by your mother, Vespera." The King answered. Ruy's eyes turned hot, his chest turning tight.

"Ruy-"

"Stay away from me! There is no way in hell you are my dad!" Ruy yelled, trying to back away from him. Ruy's hands flickered and sparked, his forcefields starting form around them. The guards held Ruy tight, but Ruy's strength was beginning to overwhelm them.

"Someone, knock him out!" Doreah cried out. Guards moved towards Ruy, who squirmed and roared in the guard's grasps. The King strode forward and did something Ruy never expected.

He placed his hand on his shoulder.

Ruy's head swirled, and he remembered one of his only memories of his father he had from his childhood. The light shadowed his face in his mind, but he placed his hand on Ruy's shoulder and bent down to his level. Ruy was hiding out from his mother, who was screaming about something he did, and his father found him. Ruy remembered his father's voice was always profound and growling; he could always get anyone's attention with one roar of his voice. But he was quiet as he whispered the words to Ruy all those years ago, finding his son cowering in a broom cupboard.

"Easy, my boy," It took Ruy a moment to realize the King said the very same words his father said in his memory, his hand placed on his shoulder placed in the same way as his father in his memory. Ruy stared wide-eyed at the King, everyone holding him back, but everything seemed muted as Ruy stared at the King, the King staring back at him.

"You-" Ruy's words cut off as someone shoved a cold rock into his neck, the rock sparking against his tan skin and sending a shock through him that made him thump on the ground. His eyes shuttered closed, and his hearing slowly shutting off.

"Throw him back in the cells!" The older prince cried out.

"What! Kalem, you can't be serious!" The younger prince cried out.

"Stay out of this Cato!"

"The Upper Tower," The King shut everyone up, roaring out those words.

"My King?" Doreah questioned.

"He goes into the upper tower." The King repeated at everyone.

"Father, you can't be serious, he is-"

"Are you king, Kalem?! Last time I checked, the crown was on my head!" The King snapped, the older son freezing in his spot. The last thing Ruy felt was people lifting his body and dragging him through the black castle.

 The last thing Ruy felt was people lifting his body and dragging him through the black castle

Mansi POV

Sophie was deadly quiet as they briskly walked towards Maria's boutique, her eyes steely, and breath short. Mansi met Alexios's eyes, who looked worriedly at his sister, before meeting her eyes. Both Mansi and Alexios had no idea what to say, what to do! Vespera's mumbled on Alexios's shoulder, and he rolled his eyes and snapped his fingers underneath her eyes, knocking her out again with his light.