37~Pieces aren't lining up~

Biana POV

Almost two hours they had been flying. Lilac and Keefe were playing eye spy for the past hour, trying to spot things from high above in the soaring clouds. Biana was politely asking questions about Inalia and Vatarians, filling in the gaps of what she knew.

"So, your father was the one who was leading the main battle against the Neverseen?" Biana asked quietly. Sophie kept her eyes trained forward, trying to spot whatever it was she was looking for.

"Yeah, once I returned to Inalia I took over as the head of the guild, we are the Neverseen's number one enemy. We are a sleuth powerhouse, though people may not see us, that doesn't mean we aren't there." Sophie explained, her eyes trained ahead. Biana nodded and placed her head on Sophie's back, hugging her from behind.

"I missed you a lot. When we get back, I'm going to obsess with Maria and Mansi about fashion for you." Biana said snarkily. Sophie laughed and finally glanced behind her at her old friend.

"Actually, I think I would like that." Sophie chuckled.

"Lia! There she is!" Lilac called out from Ricin's back. Ricin turned downwards, both Lilac and Sophie leaning forward with him, but the elves were still a tad uncomfortable riding a dragon. Ricin landed with a thud, and everyone hopped off, Keefe needing help with getting off the bulky saddle. It was a piny forest, tall redwood trees scaling to the sky, the warm wind shaking and rustling the leaves. Fallen bark and rocks were strewn around, and Sophie scoffed.

"I'm going to need to ask this crazy nut why she camped out so far away and in such a hard place." Sophie sighed.

"If anyone here is a crazy nut, it's you! You blond-headed bimbo!" An old voice cried out.

"Oh, there she is," Sophie said casually, following the voice. Lilac and Sophie easily trecked up the mossy slope, stepping over rocks and slippy pine needles like it were nothing. Biana made a mental note to try to train with Sophie as her and Keefe and scrambled behind them. They turned to the top of the hill, and a camp was set up. A leather tent with food, fire, and racks drying clothes. Glass ornaments dangled from the poles of the tents and tables, wind chimes also make a slight song for them. An old lady turned the corner, and Biana and Keefe gasped.

An old person?

Can someone grow old with the whole gray hair and stuff?

"Wow, okay, you need to teach your friends some manners on how to deal with the elderly." The old woman scoffed.

"Sorry, it's just we don't have that many older folk in our cities." Keefe apologized, rubbing his neck.

"I mean, they are right, you are a terrifying old coot," Sophie said, crossing her arms. The old lady rolled her eyes and hip-checked Sophie, a smile on her face.

"So, what are you younglings doing out here destroying my peace for?" The old lady asked, pouring herself some tea.

"Sanaa, we have a huge problem, and I feel like you are the only one that can help," Sophie said, following the old lady. The old woman turned on her heel and glared at Sophie, then puckered out her lip and shrugged.

"How far along are you?" Sanaa asked, asking it casually as if she expected. Sophie looked confused for only a moment before turning slightly pink and throwing her hands out, waving away the question.

"Not that kind of problem! I'm not pregnant Sanaa, that's not the problem I am talking about!" Sophie claimed, trying to pat away the pink tinging her cheeks.

"Really? By now I thought you and R-"

"Sanaa, I'm going to stop you right there. That is not happening for a very long time, and it's not the problem at hand, we need your help." Sophie sighed, calming down from the question. Sanaa looked at Sophie with a cocked eyebrow. Sanaa looked behind Sophie and spied Keefe and Biana, before sniffing in the air, her nose pointed to them.