Ch. 17- The Date

"You two have been dating for three years?! And you never introduced me?!" Allesandro exclaimed, hurt plastered of his face.

"I didn't know how you would react to me dating someone from a lower class from us! We are still part of a Noble family, and I got worried," Maria argued back.

"Maria, you know I of all people I do not care about nobility. Maria, I saw how happy you were with her. And if she is such a large part of your life, I want her to feel comfortable in our family!" Allesandro argued back. Maria stayed silent before wrapping her brother up in a hug.

"May I talk to her?" Allesandro asked quietly. Maria took a shaky breath.

"Yes, I will be in my workshop when you both are done," Maria said, letting go of her brother. Allesandro walked down and knocked on the already open wooden doors of the kitchen.

"I am not bothering anyone down here, am I?" Allesandro asked.

"Sir Morretti! No, not at all! How may we help?" The head chef asked. Every one gave Allesandro respect and attention, except for the pastry chef working in the back, refusing to meet Allesandro's eyes,

"Filomena?" Alessandro called out. The pastry chef slowly turned around and met Allesandro's eyes. Everyone else seemed to understand what was happening.

"May we talk?" Allesandro asked the woman. She nodded her head and patted her hands off on her apron. All the chefs gave Filomena a look of worry before returning to their work. Allesandro walked down the hall with Filomena, who was fiddling with the hem of her apron.

"How did you two meet?" Allesandro asked after some time. Filomena looked at him, confused.

"She came down looking for honey buns late at night, and I made some fresh ones," Filomena mumbled.

"Of course. Maria has our mother's sweet tooth." Allesandro laughed. Filomena stopped and stared at him, wide-eyed as he laughed.

"You are not mad I am courting your sister?" Filomena asked.

"Why would I be? I am slightly ticked off that you both kept it a secret from Leto and I for so long." Allesandro confessed.

"But we are from such different social classes! I-"

"I am going to cut you off right there, Filomena. When my parents kept me when I was born, they lost a lot of their social class. I was seen as a brown-eyed freak. But now that people have grown used to me people see my brown eyes as handsome. I was never one to care about social class, all I care about is if you make my sister happy." Allesandro said, keeping his eyes trained on her, reading her reaction.

"But-"

"Do you make my sister happy? Do you make her feel like she could live the rest of her life with you?" Allesandro pressed.

Filomena grew a face of confidence.

"I love her with all my heart," Filomena said confidently. Allesandro smirked.

"Welcome to the family Filomena. If you actually get to know Leto and I, I am sure you will notice we aren't as scary as we come off." Allesandro said, his arms wide.

Filomena accepted the hug and smiled up at him.

"So, three years, huh? Were you ever planning on getting married?" Allesandro said as they started to walk down the hallway back to the kitchen.

"Yes, I was planning on proposing sometime soon, but I have no idea what to do for the ring. Not to mention, I have to ask her parents for her hand in typical Vatarian fashion." Filomena confessed.