Ch. 38- The Event

Three weeks have passed after Sophie found out about Lilac. Sophie didn't tell ehr right away, about them being sisters. Lilac kept coming to visit Sophie, talking to ehr about anything she wished. Lilac became so close with Sophie, going by her name Amalia that she eventually would visit Sophie every chance she had. Of course, whenever someone entered the prison to interrogate Sophie, Lilac would sneak out. The interrogation was maddening, and her loneliness was growing with each day. She couldn't feel Fitz's mind on the back of ehr mind anymore, and she couldn't talk to anybody except for Lilac and Alvar when they came to visit her. Every time Lilac came to visit, Sophie wanted to tell her so bad about their relation to one another, but every time Sophie's breathe caught in her throat.

Sophie's thoughts cut off as someone new walked down the hall and towards her cell. Sophie sat on her bed and watched as Fintan, and two new members walked into her cell. Sophie bit her tongue to hold back spitting on him.

"Come with us," Fintan said, his voice dripping with annoyance. The member behind him put Sophie in chains and walked her down the hallway. The path they were dragging her down looked a lot like Everglen, the halls just as extravagant and clean, but didn't have the warmth of the Vacker house. The Neverseen member unlocked some random door and pushed her in, taking off the chains in the process. They slammed and locked the door behind her.

 They slammed and locked the door behind her

"This is one weird-ass interrogation..."Sophie said, rubbing her wrists from the chains. Sophie was put in an elegant bedroom, with all bronze sheets and thick curtains. The carpet was incredibly soft, and there was another door that leads to an exquisite bathroom.

"Quite beautiful. It is a shame I lost my feeling of admiration years ago." Vespera said, walking into the room. Sophie immediately went on the offensive. The memory of her father's death replayed in her head and just made Sophie want to put her hands around her neck.

"I am going to get straight to the point. You are extremely well-known miss Ruewen. You are quite the frightening one, and we have had a rough time creating alliances, they believe we are too weak." Vsspera explained.

"And what do you want me to do about it?" Sophie snapped. Vespera rolled her eyes and continued.

"You have been very closed-lipped. We can't get any information about the Black Swan out of you, and we have finally found a use for you. We have a gathering coming up with all our potential allies, and we want to show you off as a show of our strength. The fact that we were able to take the Moonlark will be a strong display of strength, don't you think?" Vespera said calmly. Sophie stood as still as a deer, not knowing what to do.

"In your wardrobe, you will find the outfit that you will wear to the event tonight. After the event, you will return to the prisons." Vespera said, walking to the door.

"I'm sorry if I didn't make this clear to you before, but I don't like you! I'm not wearing any outfit; I'm not going to go to any event. I'm not doing anything for you!" Sophie snapped. Vespera rolled her eyes as if she were dealing with a bratty child.