Ch. 18- The Left Behind

Eumelia paced in the small panic room, thinking of all the ways she could evacuate the others in Inalia if things got hairy

Eumelia paced in the small panic room, thinking of all the ways she could evacuate the others in Inalia if things got hairy. A little while after she found out with her boyfriends baby, Eumelia was unsure about raising a family with Allesandro. But then the Neverseen attacked. Allesandro hid Eumelia away in one of the panic rooms designated for the Moretti family, and she thought she would be safe from them. The Neverseen, and Vespera. Gods, that sniveling wench wouldn't leave Eumelia alone, especially after she found out about Eumelia courting Allesandro. But now that she was with a child, Eumelia had no idea how Vespera would react.

Vespera worked as an Empath at the local medical clinic, figuring out how the mentally troubled were feeling and clearly delivering it to the doctors so they could help. But after many years of dealing with the emotions, Eumelia noticed that Vespera stopped feeling them herself. Whenever Emelia saw any passion in her eyes and face anymore was when she saw Eumelia, where her eyes filled with rage and hatred, and when she saw Allesandro, where her eyes would fill with love and adoration. But Eumelia noticed Vespera sneaking off to gods know where late at night whenever Eumelia went off into town. And Eumelia noticed sketchings in her bag of a green eye, but Eumelia had no idea what they really meant because Vespera rushed over and snatched them away before Eumelia could get a precise look. 

Eumelia has been working as a spy for the Cyevan Assassins for about two years and living with Allesandro as his girlfriend during it. She has also been doing hand to hand combat lessons so she could protect her self if she were ever found out. She attended Maria and Filomena's wedding as well, one of the rare occurrences where she saw Allesandro shed tears, only to look away and wipe them away before Eumelia could tease him for it. And also found out that Maria was pregnant with their child, a young boy who would be born a little after Eumelia's child. A massive explosion and the roars of Assassins defending Inalia snapped Eumelia out of her thoughts. Eumelia got up from her spot on the floor to go through the tunnels leading the maids quarters to make sure they were all okay until a voice paralyzed her in her place.

"I wouldn't move another muscle, Eumelia Sofiran." A female voice whispered from behind her, dripping with hatred. Eumelia got up and darted around, only to find two figures in black coats, with green eyes sewn onto their arms. One character looked distinctly female while another one Eumelia seemed to look like a male.

"Ah, the Neverseen. My long lost friends, it is a pleasure to see you all once again. "Eumelia announced loudly, so the workers in the tunnels knew that she had company.

"Eumelia, you really need to let the death of your family go. All that built-up hatred isn't good for you." The female figure said, stepping up. The female slipped her hood down, revealing her face.

Her raven hair.

Her azure eyes.

"Vespera. Of course, you go and join the Neverseen, normal for a slimy bitch like you." Eumelia accused, trying to keep her calm facade up and trying to hide her surprise and terror.