30~Swim with the Current~

K there are kinda big chunks of dialogue in her because they are really hard to break up. Sorry! Also, at the end of the chapter is the Lullaby tune referenced in this chapter, if you guys want to listen to that after you finish the ambient music!

PS- A somewhat hot scene in this chapter, you guys deserve it ;) 

Sophie held her breath as she pushed aside the wings on her amulet and revealed the secret compartment

Sophie held her breath as she pushed aside the wings on her amulet and revealed the secret compartment. Inside the amulet were a series of silver springs, cogs, and mechanics, which all started to whir to life. Sophie held the amulet tight, Ruy watching nervously from over her shoulder, feeling it slowly grow warm. Suddenly, there was a soft click.

And music filled the stables.

It was a soft little tune, each note sounding like a small piano, combined with other melodies that layered over one another. Sophie tensed up and gasped, recognizing the melody.

"Soph?" Ruy asked quietly as Sophie started to shake.

"It's-it-" Sophie quietly sobbed, a tear slipping down her face. Ruy turned in front of her and wiped away the tear with his thumb, watching Sophie with a worried expression.

"Sophie?"

"That is his song..." Sophie breathed. Ruy looked at the amulet, confused.

"He hummed this melody every time I was scared or tired. It was the one thing that made me feel absolutely safe in the world." Sophie shuddered. Sophie felt a striking pain in her head and groaned, setting down the soft playing amulet and putting her hands on her temples.

"Sophie!" Ruy exclaimed, holding her as she lost strength in her limbs. Ruy slowly laid Sophie down on the straw strewn stable floor, Sophie groaning with pain. A flash of light strobed Sophie's eyes, and she flittered into unconscious.

Sophie watched her memories like she was an outside ghost, seeing her younger self nervously wait outside her father's office in the guildhall years ago

Sophie watched her memories like she was an outside ghost, seeing her younger self nervously wait outside her father's office in the guildhall years ago. Young Amalia pressed her ear against the mahogany door, trying to listen to her father's muttering. 

Sophie remembered this was days before the attack on Inalia, only a few days before her father was murdered. Whenever stressed, Allesandro would pace and mumble to himself, trying to arrange the stray pieces in his head. Young Amalia was worried about her father, he seemed so stressed recently, and she wanted to make sure he was okay. Amalia tapped on her father's door, hearing the pacing and muttering stop.