15~Crawling out of his hole~

Okay, so this chapter is kinda all over the place, sloppy, and long. Sorry?

Biana and Fitz updated their friends on everything that was going on, and they came over immediately to help them. Everyone, including Della, Alden, and Sofia, was strewn around the Vacker's kitchen and living room.

"Maybe something was stolen from Everglen, and they want us to get it back?" Keefe proposed. Linh suddenly sat up and gasped.

"Memories!" Linh exclaimed. Everyone looked at her confused, including Alden.

"Think about it. People who have had their memories erased can regain them if there is something that triggers them or if they search long enough they can find them. It is how you found memories in your head placed by Gisela, right Keefe?" Linh realized. Keefe's face lighted up, as he realized what Linh was proposing.

"Alden, somewhere along the line, you lost memories that are important, and they want you to recover them!" Keefe agreed, everyone else realizing.

"Okay, but how?" Alden asked, getting up from the couch. Biana walked over with the scrap of fabric.

"The day we got this, you couldn't stop staring at it. Is it sparking up anything for you?" Biana asked, handing Alden the red fabric. Alden wove the fabric through his fingers, feeling the soft fibers and watching the silver mark rustle and move on the fabric.

"It seems so familiar, but I just can't place it," Alden said, watching the fabric carefully.

"But it seems almost... comforting." Alden trailed. The group decided that they wanted to look through the house to hopefully find things that will trigger Alden's memories. They searched all day and all night, but nothing worked. They all ended up in Alden's office at an unholy time at night, looking through his papers.

"This is hopeless, we can't find anything!" Dex mumbled. Alden nodded, but he wanted to find these memories so bad that he refused to quit. Sofia walked into the office with a tired expression, still in her nightgown.

"I'm sorry, did we wake you up?" Fitz asked.

"Yeah, but it's okay. Are you still looking?" Sofia asked, looking at her father.

"Yeah but you should go back to bed," Linh said, placing a delicate hand on her shoulder.

"Maybe you are right-" Sofia's face dropped as she spotted something on Alden's shelf.

"Daddy, grab that," Sofia said, pointing to the object on the shelves. Everyone turned and spotted a tan journal propped on the highest shelf. Dex, now one of the tallest of the group, grabbed it off the shelf and blew off the dust. It was a light brown journal with a deadly tight lock wrapped around it, with the same mark as the mystery organization on it. The lock wasn't budging, and Alden observed the journal from front to back.

"A lot of the people in the organization had those types of books. They are strategy books, even Lia had one, but it didn't quite look at that one." Sofia explained. Alden rotated the journal in his hands and saw two initials stamped into the back.

A. M.

"What could that mean-"

"Allesandro Moretti." Alden cut Fitz off.

"This was Allesandro's strategy book. That he gave to me." Alden whispered.

"Who is that?" Keefe asked. Alden felt his mind start to whirl, and his legs become weak.

"Dad!" Biana and Fitz yelled, grabbing Alden.

"Someone call Elwin! Now!" Alden heard someone yell. Alden closed his eyes and felt memories come back to him like a brick to the face. The last thing Alden saw was the flash of a large city, with people who were like elves, but weren't. A large guildhall in the distance, glittering under the blazing sun, and it felt so close yet so far.