Ch. 41- The Escape

Sophie was thrown into her cell once again, the Neverseen cackling while she tasted a pound of dirt. Sophie heard them leave the prison and the prisoner next to her ask her if she was okay.

"I'm fine," Sophie whispered. Sophie waited for the night to fall, and the loud Neverseen members to start their campfire outside. It was muted through the prison walls, so Sophie must have had a hard time noticing it in the past. Eventually, the time came where the Neverseen were drunk enough, and the moon was high in the sky. Sophie sent a transmission to all her fellow prisoners.

"Listen, I am breaking out of here. If you want to come, you do exactly as I do." Sophie transmitted. The prisoners all nodded and observed Sophie as she got up and started swinging her chains around in a circle. She built up enough speed and then with a flick of her wrist, struck the back of her cell. 

The rock poofed out dust and moved an inch

The rock poofed out dust and moved an inch. Sophie hit it again, moving it half an inch, then two inches. The prisoners followed her actions, striking the back of their cells with their chains. Sophie hit the last strike with more force and then immediately took cover as the crumbling mortar crashed down, leaving an exit right through the back of her cell. After the dust settled, she saw Alvar and Maha standing on the other side with unconscious neverseen bodies around them. The rest of the prisoners eventually broke through their cells and were confused when they were handed a set of Neverseen armor.

"We use this to get as close to the Neverseen border to then escape. My friends and I have a set escape route, and we are escaping to join a different army. If you want, you can join us." Sophie explained, taking her set of Neverseen armor.

"It's still warm..." Sophie muttered, looking at Alvar.

"I work with what I got..." Alvar said, motioning to the bodies around them. Lilac turned the corner and saw all the bodies.

"Are they...?" Lilac asked, pointing to the Neverseen bodies.

"They are just taking a nap!" Alvar quickly said, brushing away the question. Sophie scoffed and went over to hug Lilac.

"Are you sure you want to leave?" Sophie asked.

"I go where you go," Lilac said, smiling. Sophie ruffled her hair and walked over to Alvar and Maha, who were putting on their own fake armor.

"Is Ruy coming?" Maha asked. Sophie snorted, knowing why she was asking.

"I don't know. He knows his mother is crazy, but she is the only family he has. He says it is hard to desert blood like that." Alvar mumbled. Sophie was kinda relieved and somewhat saddened at the fact Ruy wouldn't come. Sophie had a hard time trusting him, even though Alvar trusted him completely. And if they were going to return to Inalia, she didn't want him to go and rat them out to the Neverseen or anything.

"We need to get moving. Now." Sophie said sternly, grabbing Lilac. Lilac looked troubled that Ruy wasn't coming, Ruy watched after her along with Alvar. He was a really kind person, and he always seemed to do what was best for Lilac. The disguised prisoners hid the bodies and followed as Alvar and Maha lead them to the exit. After about thirty minutes of walking, they make it to the home stretch. The exit was a small hole in a giant forcefield encasing the base. The prisoners went first, with Alvar and Sophie watching their backs.