10~Under the bed~

This is a big chapter, hope you enjoy!

Sofia's POV

Sofia followed Lilac inside, giggling. They have been playing outside all day, Alexios had to leave to return to Renisanca, but Amalia should be home tonight.

"Are we going to meet your sister yet?" Sofia asked. Lilac walked into her the kitchen and handed Sofia a pastry.

"I think so. She has been taking care of a friend in Renisanca for the last couple of days, that is why my cousin, Alexios, has been taking care of us. But yeah, Amalia should be home today." Lilac said, taking a pastry aswell. Sofia remembered the people whispering about Lilac's sister as they walked through the town today, talking about the woman. 

"Is she pretty?! When we went into the town, I heard people talking about her, asking you if she is married and stuff." Sofie asked. Lilac snickered and nodded.

"Yeah, she is REALLY pretty. In our culture, normally women are married by 22 or later. But since Amalia is... more on the wanted side, people have wanted her to get married now. It is quite hilarious to watch Lia do everything in her power to avoid a man or women who is asking for her hand. Lia even climbed up on the roof to avoid someone!" Lilac laughed, Sofia laughing with her.

"Your life is really different from ours," Sofia observed.

"Yours as well. Matchmaking? Sounds like a nightmare." Lilac admitted. Sofia never liked the idea of matchmaking either, but never really did anything about it.

"But the fashion here?! And the buildings?! They are so pretty!" Sofia said, looking at the town Alexios brought them too. Lilac grew a big smirk on her face before tugging on Sofia's arm.

"If you really want to see fashion..." Lilac said, pushing open Amalia's door. Lilac quickly looked around before opening up Amalia's walk-in closet, revealing a bustle of luscious, vibrant clothing. Big elegant dresses, beautiful tunics and pants, and gorgeous shoes.

"WOAH!" Sofia squealed. Lilac walked in and pulled off a giant dress that clearly didn't fit her.

"My sister mostly only wears her tunics, simple skirts, pants, and boots. But my Aunt Maria runs a boutique in Renisanca, so she gives Amalia a bunch of dresses, even though she never wears them. She also has some of her elven clothes in the back." But Sofia didn't want to try clothes she wore every day, she wanted to try all the fantastic new Inalian clothing in front of her! Lilac pushed aside some clothes revealing a small vanity, and a bunch of makeup products on the table.

"Jackpot!" Lilac cheered, grabbing the makeup products off Amalia's vanity.

"She never wears makeup, but I knew she had some laying around somewhere," Lilac whispered under her breathe. Sofia has been pretending to be a Vatarian for three days now, and it has been the most fun she had in her life, even if her foot is still injured. Lilac noticed Sofia's small limp from her broken ankle.

"It should be healed tomorrow, even with all the elixirs and stuff we gave you. But, to cheer you up..." Lilac pulled out multiple dresses and combs form the closet.

"Want to play dress-up?" Lilac asked warmly. Sofia has never squealed louder in her life.