Chapter 22

Title: The Human Monster

"Is what she said true?! You want these scums help?! Is that the Hero Association's decisions?!!", Blue Fireball's erratic and angered tone was present.

"OF COURSE! If humanity doesn't band together, we won't survive this! As of currently! We have only 690 Class C, 120 Class B, 40 Class A, and 17 Class S Heroes here! There is clearly not enough experienced heroes. I shouldn't have called upon thieves and assassins, but many in the underworld possesses some hero level strength, and I don't ask for this for free! We'll pay you for defeating Monsters!", The old man said, pointing at the screen drenched in his own sweet.

"That's a waste of cash. In a pinch these numbnuts ain't worth shit!", Heavy Loincloth said a bit irritated, crossing his arms.

A young man leaped up and landed next to him. He has light colored hair, a red hoodie, torn jeans and was holding up a knife, "Watch it old dude! I done more killin' than you I bet! Wanna try me-", he was cut off as Heavy Loincloth elbowed him unconscious.

Heavy Loincloth looked at him offended. "These wimps have absolutely no heart at all.", he said his eyes twitching.

"B-But considering the scale of impending disasters-", Sitch was cut off.

"Well now look at this.", Gray's voice rang out with a little chuckle. "Color me impressed! She's good, her prophecy is spot on. She knew a god level threat no one has ever seen was on its way.", he said with a slightly amused tone.

"Another crazy guy. Guess the underworld makes people become unhinged.", The Trickster muttered to himself annoyed.

"Like the meathead said. All of these nobodies combined wouldn't be enough to take me down.", the black haired young man said with confidence radiating from his facial expression.

"Great, I invited another nutjob.", Sitch thought you himself slightly irritated. "Who are you?"

"For now, call me, you can call me Garou.", Gray said, not using his real name but his alias. "I admire monsters, so I trained like hell and destroyed many dojo's.", he looked around and shook his head slightly disappointed. "All I see here is just pathetic small fry, they wouldn't even be a warm up.", but a playful smile formed on his face. "Want a demonstration? I'll take you all down. Let's find out who's the strongest in here... Now don't make me wait all day, bring it on.", The Hero Hunter said with a little smile on his face.

"Stop. I did not gather you for such silly things. You can leave now.", Sitch said blankly, rather annoyed with this seemingly normal thug.

"Silly? I can't believe you treat your guest this way, Mr. Big-shot-o-Justice, lemme show you how it's done.", Gray said with a fake offended tone, before a smirk grown on his face. "Each and every coward here, is courtly invited... to a little Slaughter Party ."

"Tssk. Another freak. Sorry you three have to interfere, throw him out.", the executive said, not tolerating his bullshit anymore.

The Trickster nodded a bit too eagerly, "No need to apologize.", he charged at him. Gray smiled as in a quick moment, he remembered his childhood.

A young boy with familiar black hair was watching TV, a new show based on a popular manga series. The Villain, as always, was starting to lose when the hero showed up.

"Dammit! Right when it was getting good! C'mon hang in there Diavolo! Kick his butt!", he encouraged as the main character 'Giorno', had defeated him.

"Dammit! They got beat again!", he sighed disappointed. Everything turned white, as the child with black hair and familiar green eyes looked at you.