Chapter 64

Title: Those who know true strength also know true loneliness and associate with no one

"Divide!", Mikey yelled out as a mechanism opened up in Brave Knight's wrist and activated a glowing shield. The suit's back opened up and showed off giant rockets emerged and expanded from his back.

"Wow, can't believe you were hiding such a ridiculous costume!", Phoenix Resurrected said with a little chuckle. "To meet this guy at the same time as my resurrection, must be fate I suppose."

"Are you really comparing this beauty to the likes of you? Please, this is consisting of the best of my scientific knowledge.", Mikey boasted very confidently.

"Well, nothing has changed. hmmmMMM!!!!!", Phoenix Resurrected brought his hands up and slammed them down.

Mikey looked at his hands... they were smaller, much smaller, like a child's. He turned quickly and was shocked... he was outside. Not only that, he was back in his child body.

"As of now, I can connect mentally.", Phoenix said as he crossed his arms. "And I assure you, there's nothing broken, this is simply a mental space... why don't we call this the Phoenix Space? As it's a reflection of my own psyche.", he looked around at the space, he'll admit, not even he knew what it was.

"A mental space?! He can do Hallucinations too?!", Mikey's alarmed thoughts were going overdrive as he looked around shaking.

"As you know, in ancient times Shamans would dress up in certain ways to summon gods or spirit. I myself am rooted in this costume, and inside the costume is another world. Eh whatever, you're the first person I intended on revealing this to you.", the former actor now monster pointed at the now young one. "I intend to scout you, Metal Knight you have the perfect requirements to become a great Monster as I do."

Mikey was confused now. "What?"

"Do you not realize it? Among those buffoons that claim to be Heroes, you're the one with the most darkness.", these only made Mikey burst out in laughter.

"Are you kiddin me?! Are you trying to confuse me or something? Cuz it isn't working.", the childlike Mikey said as he crossed his arms. "Roughly all the S Class Heroes look way more evil than I do."

"Fair point, but I bet you have much more stress in yourself then they do, don't you?", the moment Phoenix said this, Mikey felt his gut wrench.

"Stress? About what?", Mikey said as Phoenix calmly approached him.

"You see, there's something I realized. In this world, what we're looking at are our mental projections.", Phoenix said as his finger went painlessly through Mikey's head. "I misunderstood you, back then I was struggling with a dilemma, I could never trust those around me. You in response, are in search for a trustworthy companion and an organization that puts you to great use, and treats you as an equal."

"I have to calm down, this is just a persuasion technique.", Mikey's child like face had a smile curving on his lips. "You saw through me... I guess you and I are one and the same."

Phoenix Resurrected smiles as he removed his finger. "Precisely! As I said, if we work together we can create a perfect organization of the same size of the Monster Association with the same purpose as the Hero Association! Even though human power scaling is irrelevant, it wouldn't be a dream of mine to reach disaster level God!", so far what Mikey thought of his persuasion... wasn't working so far. "We can communicate spiritually, basically we are one and the same. If people like us come together we can create an organization with parallel unity. No conspiracies, suspicions, or corruption. It's natural for prodigies to come together.", Phoenix Resurrected knelt down and held Kid Mikey's hand. "Micheal, lend me your strength."