Chapter 51

Title: Elder Centipede

"To think that monster took the full force of Dominic's attack and didn't even suffer a scratch!", Bang said a bit impressed as they got onto solid ground. "This being shall be a truly fearsome adversary!"

"That damn bug!", Gray seethed in anger as he looked up at Phoenix annoyed. "Who the hell told you to barge in where no one asked you to?!"

"Just pipe down, leave the rest to Elder Centipede.", Phoenix shushed the Hero Hunter. "Elder Centipede is the calamity incarnate, destroying all in his path. The power he wields is something I can admire that.", he said, a little smile curved on his beak before he simply sighed. "As usual, you suck at following through, Hero Hunter. Once you've got them down you had to keep choking the life out of them until there's nothing left. Such a wasted opportunity, those Heroes could live to fight another day."... killing... why do they need to kill Heroes? That's something Gray could never understand. "But well, you can relax a bit, you've had quite the day."

Gray started wailing his arms around trying to get this bird to drop him. "You all can fuck off, got it?! Those are my prey!", he exclaimed.

"Enough of that, stop squirming."

"EAT SHIT! PUT ME DOWN ASSHOLE! I WONT LET YOU DO THIS TO ME!!!!!", Gray said trying to pry his toes off his shoulders.

"Why are you so upset? You're the one who failed to finish them off.", Phoenix calmly said, which made Gray calm down and stop thrashing around. "What's more, it's in tie boy convenient for us to eliminate two S Class Heroes at once. After all for the Monster Association, the most formidable opponent is the S Class.", these words drew Gray's attention a bit more. "You've experienced it first hand, didn't you? In any battle, compatibility is of upmost importance. According to our Military adviser Gyoro Gyoro, among all the heroes, there are only four Heroes who would kill Elder Centipede. The woman who possesses unparalleled Psychokinesis, Tornado of Chaos. Metal Knight, who possesses such a vast and secret Military might, not even the Hero Association knows. The newest addition to the S Class, Dominator of Earth. And finally... the top ranking hero that took down Elder Centipede six years ago, Blast."

"Apparently the reason Elder Centipede joined the Association specifically was to take down Blast and get revenge. Blast almost never shows up in the public, so he's going to draw him out. As for those two... too bad for them, but they simply don't have the power to break free.", Phoenix rambled on as Gray just tuned him out. "Silverfang May take pride in his peerless Martial Arts skill, but it only works in an opponent of a certain size. Drive Knight has frighteningly excellent capabilities, but he lacks the fire power to deal with larger enemies. The hard limit of a Cyborg is that their abilities are only limited by the technology they're equipped with.", he continued on before he decided to drop the last few words. "So that group will only end with their death."

Bang, Bomb and Dominic got into their stances, Dominic preparing to fire off an incineration blast, while Bang and Bomb took mirroring stances. Elder Centipede's four monster eyes glowed as he roared and charged at them. "It's coming!"

Dominic nodded and waited for it to get a bit closer, once it did he fired off a split Incineration cannon, this was just a normal blast, only they parted off and attacked the eyes and the face, halting him before Dominic just sped away. "Whirling Wind!", Bomb chanted as the two old men stomped on the ground and cracked it like Gray had done to the ground before.

"Flowing Water.", Bang chanted as the two locked arms performing a vortex like thing. "Roaring Aura Rippling Sky Fist!", they finished their chant as they thrusted their fists with mirroring reverse punches, the force itself cracked the carapace, sending the Centipede reeling back in pain.