Chapter 60

Title: The Winds of Terror Soar

"Thanks to the Monster-specific thermographic functions of our satellite, we've got ourselves ears. Not only that, we can determine the headcount in the enemy's base of operations.", Mikey said as he had his glasses on, he had finished his soda and was eating a bag of Cheetos. "Even restricting ourselves to the confirmed thermal signals, there are more than a thousand monsters, which means our quotas will exceeded sixty heads per Hero. Not that I think this number will pose an issue, but the biggest worry is the battle power of the higher classes."

The holographic meeting table glowed before showing a holographic image of Elder Centipede rampaging. "Consider Elder Centipede's attack from yesterday, he simple fact that he became a subordinate of the Monster Association suggests that there are beings that surpass Demon and exceed Dragon.", Mikey said stroking his chin.

"I was here on Bodyguard duty, so I wouldn't know. All I got to fight was just some bug.", Blackluster said remembering Destrocloridum. "To the guys who fought on the field, what do you think? We're they strong?"

"Mmm... more or less of a mixed baggage. Most of them were just some crap small fry, but one was and enough that it gave me some trouble.", Puri Puri Prisoner said with his surprisingly soothing tone. "Not that it was a real challenge, now that I've gotten stronger."

"Is it true that Demon Cyborg was taken down?", asked Walker, looking at the profile of the attractive female... robot, cyborg, thing.

"We don't know.", Mikey sighed lightly. "He figured out their location in City Z before anyone else by torturing a Monster, but we lost signal almost immediately."

"Demon Cyborg... I've never seen her face, but...", Kazeseinaru strokes his chin a bit. "She's done for right?"

"Calm down, man! Demon Cyborg is like, a cyborg right? So there's a chance she's still alive.", Blackluster said with a big smile on his face. "Maybe she's lost some circuits and can't move around or send signals. But she must be hiding somewhere waiting for us!", he said as Pigman nodded in agreement.

"I really hope so.", Pigman said with a sigh as he munched in his pizza.

"If they got Demon Cyborg, they might get us too... possibly.", Walker said as he rummaged for his cigarette. "Let's not underestimate them, we gotta prepare ourselves to go all out."

"Then it wouldn't be much of a risk in my case.", Kirika rolled her eyes annoyed at Walker's proclamation, she could easily destroy the Association with a flick of her wrist.

"In any case.", Lightening Flashstep interjected with a light sigh as he adjusted his Bobby pin. "The answer is simple enough, the moment we set foot in there we show no mercy, then we all go home. Needless to say, we don't need to negotiate, even if they plead for their lives."

"Understood Flashstep.", Mikey nodded in agreement. "We've gotta assume that compassion'll get us killed."

"Can I ask something?", Puri Puri Prisoner raised his hand.

"Go ahead, Mr. Prisoner.", the young genius nodded and let him.

"Among all creatures, there were some men who were seduced by them and turned into Monsters. I'd like to save those poor boys the trouble of an eternal hell, of you find any monster with a prisoner uniform, let me handle them.", Puri Puri Prisoner/Josen by now, will fulfill his promise to the warden.

"One my oldest friends had become a Monster...", Kazeseinaru had remembered Haragiri's transformation, and the memories they had as comrades and training partners. "And I had to slice him apart, do you have any actual method of saving those under the Monster's control?"