Chapter 81

Title: Face off, the hardest vs the most terrifying

Superalloy Blackluster looked at Gray's figure, this kid wasn't just blowing hot air... he was kinda, scared. Suddenly, Gray rushed after him with a barrage of attacks using the joint technique he subconsciously learned, but there was something Blackluster noticed. "It's not just his speed! His power is increasing too!"

Those were his thoughts as his back hit a wall, he cocked his giant fist back and threw a left hook at the human monster, Gray simply dodged and closed the gap between them. He placed his hand on the large man's chest and tackled him straight through a wall.

This sent the bulky man soaring through the air and crashing down hard in another area, he gasped for breath as he rolled over to get up. "He used me as a stepping stone to further his techniques!!", that realization came to him, he looked at his hand... he had completely pulverized the wall, and reduced it to sand.

"What's the matter Blackluster?", the tall dark man lifted his head up to see Gray landing softly on the ground. "Aren't you supposed to be playing Hero? Aren't you here to stop my Monster play? Cuz I'm still kicking.", Gray said as his opponent looked on in absolute fear

When Superalloy Blackluster was a child, he was known as Biscuit Oliver. And let's just say, he was bad at sports because of his frail body. Whether it was sports or tag, he kept losing in every game he played. He never developed any self confidence, and lived his childhood as a wimpy kid. But, on his fifteenth birthday he begged his parents to by him three kilogram dumb bells as a present.

From then on, he exercised with them everyday. The weight of the dumb bells gradually increased to five kilograms, then to ten kilograms. And several years later he was able to curl a fifty kilogram dumb bell with one arm. And as the days went by, two hundred kilograms, five hundred kilograms... one ton... two tons. Then after another several years the strength he was able to attain through that body he had a point where it could be no longer quantified by numbers. Through his lonely battles and flawless victories, he successfully established an immense degree of self confidence. It is said that his muscles had no equal. After throughly dominating various sports and competitions, he turned his attention to the Hero Association and became active on the Hero stage and never stopped his training. He kept winning... he kept willing until he was promoted to S Class. And he never stopped looking for a strong opponent that could push him to one hundred percent... but is he really looking forward to a 'fight'?

Gray never let up on his barrage of attacks on Blackluster as he was getting flashbacks, he kept blocking these attacks but Gray hopped around in the smoke screen and unleashed another barrage of attacks into his face. "You little!!!", the darkly tanned man said annoyed as he threw another punch but was overtaken by another barrage. He started sweating as he looked at the young man who kept attacking. "This guy... Garou is strong! Really strong!", was what he thought. He remembered his desires when he was younger and still had his glowing mane of black hair. "I've been looking for an opponent that could push me to one hundred percent... but why... what is this feeling?"

Sweat started to roll down his face and his entire body as a whole. No, is not looking for a fight, but a gratifying victory. He never intended to through himself into a battle where the outcome wasn't in his control, the instant the thought 'I might not escape this fight unscathed' flashed through his brain. His eyes widened as the "fear" he had long forgotten grew larger... and with his facial expression of terror grew on his face, to him a wave of darkness that represented the fear he had long forgotten towered over him... it was gigantic.

Blackluster kept his guard up before he roared loudly as he used pushed him back with a double handed thrust! Gray was sent reeling back, and was sent skidding back as well. Gray quickly regained his composure, he took a deep breath as two, black spiral like markings appeared on his two shoulders where Blackluster hit him.

Gray growled as he lunged right at Blackluster, kicking him hard in the abdomen, before performing a flip and hooked his foot around his throat and slammed him into the ground. A twisted grin formed on Gray's face as he flatted his hands. "Double ear strikes!!!", he thrusted his hands at the man... his face looked... familiar... it's like he's seen it before... he stopped his actions and took it in confused. Before he leapt back as Blackluster tried striking him.

Gray flipped through the air before landing back on the ground. "What's with that wimpy look? It looks like I'm friggin bullying him for god sakes... the evil I'm going to become is far above that.", he thought to himself before he felt his body get heavy... no... like a building was slammed on his body. The black material that covered his body made started to sprout and close off in some spots, some of it even were slipping up onto his face, his eyes turned completely white.

"H...Hey...", Blackluster mustered out as he tried to go and help teen but was surrounded by a green barrier. "This is a barrier... is it Kirika-chan's?", he muttered before the ceiling above them started falling . "The floor above is collapsing! Hey, Garou! It's not safe here! You're gonna get crushed if you stay!", although Gray is his enemy, he's still a kid... a kid who wandered down the wrong path.

Gray's body cricked and popped as he continued to try and pick himself up. Gray started panting, ignoring the words "RUN!", as the floor above them fell, thankfully Blackluster was surrounded by this indestructible barrier... he looked down worried for the young man.

But then he snapped out of it. "What just happened to me....", Blackluster placed his hand on the barrier... he slowly sulked down before rolling into a ball...
/End/