Chapter 45

Title: Pulling the strings

"Most of the surviving Monsters had already fled underground through sewer systems, meaning we can't follow them. But there are a few remaining attacking cities unchecked.", one of the desk women said to another staff. "One is particularly strong, but is obsessed with raising his threat level.", she said pulling up a photo of Martial Gorilla.

"City W huh? Get the nearby Heroes to take care of him."

City W...

The heroes, which involved some C Class Heroes just looked behind a corner. "That gorilla wasted a big shot bruiser like Vlad King? Dammit, we're not powerhouses but we can stall for backup.", Butterfly DX said as they saw a man.

"I got this.", a man walked up, the man has scruffy short black hair, red eyes, and pale skin. He wears a worn-out open gray trench coat over his black singlet, with tan stitched pants and a thick brown belt. He has belts wrapped around his body under his coat and wears tanker boots. And currently was smoking a cigarette. "If we let him walk on, he can lead us to the Association. And if necessary I can take him down in my own. We shouldn't waste our recourses on small fry."

The Hero was known as Walker!

"You should care for the wounded or uncover why Monster lurking in the shadows. So leave the Gorilla to me.", Walker said as he walked past them, they nodded and ran off. "I have a good suspicion that this entire situation was organized by something indecent.", Walker was following Martial Gorillac who was whining about the lack of heroes. "He defeated an A Class Hero, so he's gotten cocky. He's too careless, maybe he'll bring me to his hideout by accident.",

"Hmm? Well aren't you a sturdy looking fellow?", Martial Gorilla said looking at man who wore white pants and a white hoodie... he was hella bulky. "He's got guts if he's a normal guy."

Walker noticed this and pulled out one of his guns. "Dammit no-"

Martial Gorilla approached the bulky man as Walker looked on in horror. "Hey! You a pro he-", he was shocked to see Cy-Kong looking back at him. "Holy crap your a gorilla!"

"Yeah, you're a Gorilla too.", Cy-Kong said with a blunt voice.

"You're not in the Monster Association, you some freelance monster? Or just a gorilla like human?", Martial Gorilla cocked his bushy eyebrow.

Cy-Kong cocked an eyebrow extremely confused at the word 'freelance'. "I'm Cybernetic Kong, I'm just grocery shopping but all the shops are closed."

"A Monster going shopping?! Are you trying to blend in with human society?!", the Sargent like Gorilla said with an offended tone. "You're a disgrace to Gorilla Monsters!"

"That's kinda harsh.", the second Gorilla said a bit hurt.

"You're going to be a potential enemy! So you have to die!", Martial Gorilla swiped his hunting knife at him, only for it to break on contact..., then he was knocked out in one punch.

"Take your weird issues somewhere else, Dude.", Cy-Kong said as he went back to walking.

Walker recognized him. "Change in plans, I'm following that guy."

"The situation appears to have subsided and the towns somehow managed to survive.", Sekingar, a tall man with brown hair and dresses in a business suit. His right eye is replaced with a metal prosthetic eye, said looking at the holographic round table. "Demon Cyborg has conveyed crucial information, its about the new enemy. 'The Monster Association', their objective isn't clear, but they're opposing to be our rivals. They possess a way to turn humans into Monsters, their leader is The Monster King Orochi. She's also said she found the base, it's in the ghost town, 'City Z'.", he said to the board members.