Chapter 63

Title: This highly unusual mind brings to the field exceptional technology and firepower

Mikey was wandering the halls, his Metal Knight suit had transformed into a tiny little watch, it was displaying the raid team around the base. "So the one that was moving extremely fast must've been FlashStep. But then it came to a sudden stop, maybe something happen to the communicator.", he said as his voice echoed off the walls. "The rest of the team has shown no strange patterns since we came here.", He was walking down a flight of stone stairs, he was mildly impressed by the architecture around him. "Actually, these guys are the type of people who can handle anything by themselves and if they get in real danger, they'll just use the emergency function.", he turned to the left and walked into a straight square path.

"I'm getting close.", Mikey thought as he rounded a corner and saw his destroyed Metal Knight Battle Drone. "That's some power, I've tested this model's durability and if a Monster like that could bust this thing up, I'd rather not meet it... then again, it's called 'Monster King' for a reason. Now let's see.", he thought as his little watch transformed into large gauntlets with a screen attached. A wire emerged from the forearm and attached itself to a little outlet inside the faceplate.

"There we go, it's still intact of the recordings of conversations between Monsters and detailed maps of every floor. So there should be the location of the hostage.", Mikey said as he noticed how... off the placement of the parts of the Metal Knight Unit was. "That aside, the way these parts are arranged, looks like something was trying to put it back together. Someone must've been well aquatinted with the field. Oh I found it.", Mikey smiled as there was a path leading to the hostage's cell

"Can't get this disturbed by anger, I have to get some stress off I guess. If not, just gotta eat something sweet... I think?", Mikey walked out as his gauntlets turned back into a watch, he looked up to see Phoenix ahead of him.

"Y'know, I envy the youthful. You have you're whole life ahead of you with no worries. Although I won't show that much Mercy towards you, but I will make it quick.", Phoenix said as Mikey looked at him annoyed.

Mikey cocked an eyebrow as he looked at him with a blank expression. "You a Executive then?"

"We have a position called 'middle management'. Unlike the Cadre's, it involves keeping a close eye with what's going on.", Phoenix said as Miley just rolled his eyes. "Do you understand kid? A proper organization involves all sorts of different duties. It probably won't make sense for a brat like you, starry eyed with the silly names of the Hero Association. A boy who was a bit smart... and so you struggled to get S Rank to be popular, loved, coddled and what do you get in return? A death in those disgusting place. You'd be better off if you were more skeptical about empty praise from people older than you. I, for one, only trust myself. The Monster Association is a mere stepping stone, I soon shall steal the moniker of Monster King from Orochi.", Phoenix said as he raised his wings in a threatening manner. "I am Phoenix! One day I couldn't take off my costume and I realized I've become a Monster! Knight! You're just another victim of this age! I'll end your life right here! Beak Attack!", Phoenix lunged at him beak first only to be met with steal plating.

Mikey has quickly put on his Metal Knight armor and looked at him annoyed through his visor. "Jesus Christ, y'all way too much. Like I get it, Villains are supposed to have this monologue but it just gets boring after a while. Just be glad this is one of my weaker suits, you'd be in trouble if I brought my stronger ones on a bad day like this. Now die.", Mikey said as he opened fire on him with a machine gun attached to his arm and just mowed through him. "It's nice to have ambition and all but you never had real talent. So if you did, you'd probably wouldn't be serving these assholes... guess I'm the same in that regard too. Thanks a bunch, got some stress off.", Metal Knight said as he walked away, the heavy footsteps following him.