Chapter 53

Title: Will this searing pain lead to despair... or is it a new power growing inside him?

Gray stirred awake slowly, the blood in his hair had long since dried, he looked a bit more intimidating now. He suddenly jerked up from the bed panting and feeling his body... his upper was covered in bandages again while his face had had three, two on his cheek and one on his forehead. "Where the hell am I?... I don't mind actually, at least I'm still alive."

He looked at his chest and felt where his heart would be. "My heart feels... better? Weird, ah whatever."

He looked over to a little table and picked up a little note that was meant for him. "Welcome to the Monster Association. If you're reading this you've been saved from the brink of death, you can thank us for that. Keep in mind, you can rest all you like without breaking into a rampage. Even if you did break our, you'd be targeted by Heroes. We've prepared a change of clothes, so help yourself.", Gray simply rolled his eyes as he puts on tight black pants over his black underwear. He grits his teeth in pain. "The pain... my whole damn body hurts like hell! My limbs feel all heavy and my head feels like it's about to burst, my throat is parched and I'm starving!", he looked at the mirror which was busted and looked at his right eye...

"That doesn't look healthy.", he said before he kicked the prison cell-like door off its hinges considering he just... didn't care. He looked at this long hall way made of some black concrete, there were several cob webs outlining some parts of the hall. "That's right, I was fighting that old man. And then that large chicken swooped in and took me, these guys are such a hassle. What even happened to that old man? Did he beat that damn bug? Eh, who cares anyways?", he said as he realized that the air felt different than the outside. "The air here feels stagnated, it reeks of dried blood. Maybe I'm underground?", Gray pondered before he heard the cries of fear nearby.

"P-PLEASE! JUST SPARE MY LIFE!", was the exact words he heard, he walked over to an entrance that he could tell lead to a massive room due to the amount of voices he heard.

"FORGIVE US! We'll never defy you again!" "Y-YOU CAN DO WHATEVER YOU WANT WITH THE HOSTAGE! WE WERE JUST IN IT FOR THE MONEY!" "T-That's right! If you let us go we'll give you what we've earned!" "PLEASE DON'T EAT US!"

These people were the same people as Rikin's private squad, Gray peered in and cocked an eyebrow in confusion. "They ain't Pro Heroes, that's for sure.... maybe a third party of bounty hunters? That's kinda stupid."

"Well you do say that now. But you were all the happier to exterminate two of our foot soldiers.", Gyoro Gyoro said with a slight annoyed tone considering they wandered in and killed two Monsters. "Do you really think we would just let you go? Your employer has even equipped you with that impressive battle gear. Even your worth and keep those chins up until then. Do you see how many of us there are? They're all craving to play by now.", he continued before the leader panted.

"Dammit, we were almost out. We were about to reach the outside but that thing showed up.", the leader said looking at a large cybernetic robot that bore a resemblance to a samurai. It wore shiny metallic armor with large shoulder-pads and spiked claws on its forearms. Its face was covered by a mask with a slit that revealed a single eye in the center. It had a helmet with accessories shaped like spikes and a cresent moon. It had marking resembling 'X=' running down his shoulder pads and body.

"Heh, it seems like you walk the walk. Thank you for the gift by the way.", Gyoro Gyoro's eye moved to the same figure. "You're appreciation is accepted with honors."

"I just spotted them by chance while heading down here. I'm glad it pleases the Association.", the machine samurai looked up at him with its glowing eye. "I am the Machine God G5, I've been sent here by my Organization which has reasons to assist the Monster Association."