Chapter 47

Title: Tenacity

"Someone's camped out in our base?", a young boy said, there were three more with him and one familiar girl, Juni. The four children were deep into the forest at this point.

"Yeah, I saw him the other day.", the other boy, wearing glasses, recalls to the other child. "A man was in that rundown hut on the edge of the park."

"Seriously?! But it was hard finding that damn place!", one of the other boys said, he had a bigger chin than the rest. "C'mon, let's go see.", the four children walked over to a small clearing, showing a the rundown hut the child mentioned.

"Juni, you're going in.", Big chin child said as they hadn't been the bestest of friends, considering they always made her do whatever they wanted.

"W-What? B-But.", Juni was then slapped by the other boy.

"Just shut up and do it! We'll watch from the side!"

Gray's chest was heaving up and down due to his haggard breaths, thankfully Chui and Kira came through and gave him some bandages to wrap himself up with.

He had wrapped up his upper body with bandages. He couldn't sleep for the entire night due to the aching headache and starvation. He removed the wet towel on his face. "My fever isn't going down, I may be out of commission for a few days."

Gray day up as he heard the door slide open. "Who's there?!", he heard the girlish scream of Juni, she was shocked to see Gray tower over her... was he always that tall. "What're you doing here?"

"Th-Th-This is our s-secret base!", Juni started as she noticed gray looking a bit confused, before he pieced it together.

The look in Gray's eyes had softened before he just pointed at her. "Hey, I know you! You're that kid who was reading the Hero Guide on the bench in the park!"

"Oh!", Juni pieced it together as well. "You're that old man who likes Monsters!"

"I told you not to call me that.", Gray said as he got into his infamous frog crouch. "What do you want?", he said annoyed.

"You gotta... get out of our hut.. please?", Juni asked as Gray looked annoyed.

"WHAT?! Are you kidding me?!", Gray's soft voice was changed to an annoyed tone. "Where do you get off talkin to me like that?!?", his tone startled her. "Why'd you come in if you were so scared?"

"Well... everyone told me too.", Juni said quivering, as she started tearing up.

"Who? Yer friends? Just tell them no, plain and simple.", Gray said a bit confused.

"B-But!", a few tears rolled down Juni's cheeks.

Gray groaned annoyed and patted her head. "Stop your crying! It's fucking annoying! Look, don't worry about it, I won't be staying here long anyways. I'll be moving somewhere else soon enough. And if that ain't enough, then bring your friends to me. Got it you shitty turd?", Gray said as he realized how similar they were, he kinda related to her in a different way. "How about I give you some advice on how to learn respect?"

Juni nodded quickly at the idea.

"Juni's been inside for a while now.... maybe she did it to get him out?", one of the boys said, gulping at the idea of their cousin doing an act... yeah he wasn't that much of a sociopath.

"Don't joke like that dude, that's messed up. It could be our fault Juni got raped!", the other child whispered to the first one.

"Stand aside boys. It's dangerous here.", Death Baller said as he walked past them.