Chapter 55

Title: Those who are beyond comprehension by human intelligence

Gray growled as he and Juni backed up as Bug God and a royal Ripper approached. "Garou-kun, we've been ordered by Gyoro Gyoro to watch your every move to decide if you deserve to be our comrade.", the two monsters stopped approaching as Gray started unwrapping his bandages around his hands. "Hero Hunter... are you just a weirdo who says 'I am a Monster', or are you a Monster?", the bladed arm asked him with a questioning tone.

Gray only chuckled and just shrugged. "Wow, what a cocky attitude.", he said with a playful tone, but it kinda sounded more like he's mocking him. "I should be the one who's disappointed with how merciful you lot are.",

"Then kill the child.", Royal Ripper's one visible eye started glowing red with bloodlust.

The Hero Hunter cocked his eyebrow with a very confused expression. "Huh? What the hell are you getting at?"

"Monsters are beings that have abandoned Humanity, and live in an existence beyond Humans. We saw you rescue that child Garou.", Bug God said as he was already angry with this so called 'Monster'. "You just kill her, if you are to enlist yourself into the Monster Association you must first gain our trust, and yet you haven't abandoned your humanity."

"We don't need some half assed failure. The Monster Association was solely built for the end of human kind itself, so the little shit has to die.", Royal Ripper said with his weird painted on smile as he crossed his blades. "Plus you just lost to that Hero, even if you were to say you were caught off guard. Should we really count on a failure in the midst of battle?"

Gray's eyes narrowed at the two as he slowly turned to Juni. "Kid, I've told you before and I'll say it one more time. Run on home."

Juni was too busy crying as she wiped her face. "I-I can't! M-My feet are shaking too much!", she said before Gray remembered how pathetic he was back then.

"Dumbass!", Gray quickly turned completely back around. "If you can't stand on your own, don't expect anyone to give a shit and come save you! Nobody's gonna give a shit.", he quickly smacked the Hero Guide into the distance with annoyance. "And get rid of this shitty book! You'll need to protect yourself! It's situations like this you need to be strong for!"

Juni looked up at him and remembered his words of 'wisdom', "GET UP AND GO JU-", time seemingly slowed as he saw half of the blade shoot past him, before it could stab Juni. He quickly turned around and grabbed it between his hands and used a certain grip to swing him up then kick him hard in the abdominals sending Royal Ripper flying.

Royal Ripper quickly shoved his blades in the ground before he could get any farther, he spun around in a ball before standing up. "Now you've done it.", he growled as his arms twisted around and reverted to a normal state.

"Beat it!", Gray yelled out as Juni finally got up and started sprinting away.

"It's over Garou-kun.", Royal Ripper's eye twitched violently. "You've made the choice to be our enemy."

"The self proclaimed 'Hero Hunter', has never once killed a human! As I thought you were a fake!", Bug God clenched his fist as Gray simply grinned.

"You piss me off.", The Human Monster said as he wiped off a sweat bead trickling down his forehead. Gray brought his hands forward, and got into the stance of Water Stream Rock Smashing Fist, which one comparison to Bang's, still looked incomplete.

Soon enough, the two Monsters roared and charged at him.

"Excuse me.", Phoenix walked into the little room Gyoro Gyoro had to himself. "I have a question."