Chapter 76

Title: We kept you waiting! We are the Heroes

Metal Knight was wandering the base, realizing he has no new messages from the Heroes. "Mmmm, I haven't gotten any new information from Atomic Samurai, so that means the other kid hasn't been rescued yet. But... the Monster Association should be as exhausted as we are- Wait!", Metal Knight's chestplate opened up as Mikey ran out to Iaion, who was covered in cuts and bleeding profusely.

"M-Metal Knight... you have to leave! It's still here!", Iaian said as Mikey cocked his eyebrow, in response, he leapt into the air dodging another water jet. "Y-You have to run! It's an executive!"

"You're telling me this thing brought down three swordsman? This is a Disaster level Dragon too... dammit, it might seem to be an easier fight than it was against Phoenix, but I can't let my guard down.", Mikey was more or less referring to Malice Natural Water, it looked confused... what was this human? It's a new life form that's for sure.

Mikey dodged more water jets as the creature just stood there attacking him with these. The Hero felt something bite him, he turned his head and sliced off the piranha. "What the hell?! It has the ability to control fish... wait, no. The fish and the... whatever that water Monster is, have a symbiotic relationship. Not only that, there are traces of broken katanas with holes in them.", the young man kept dodging using his calculated mind to predict where it would fire next. "These just be high pressured water jets then, if I let even one of them I'd be instantly killed off...", he grinned a bit as he kept dodging, making his way to his Metal Knight suit.

"If we had fought normally, you'd definitely be incredibly dangerous Monster for sure, but thankfully, I prepare for anything.", he said as he looked at his suit, which came to life. The Metal Knight drone activated a flame thrower like device, but instead of fire, what came out was ice thanks to liquid nitrogen, causing Malice Natural Water to leap off and screech as Mikey leapt into his suit. "Looks like you don't now how to regulate your body temperature, although I wasn't thinking of an enemy like you, it's great to know that I predicted something like this!"

"Heheh! I found you runt!", said a very familiar voice, Mikey's scanner picked up another Lifeform, that Lifeform was Carnage. Carnage's skin was revealing a human underneath with burnt and damaged skin tissue, with one blood shot eye and the creatures trying to regenerate. "You think you can just blast me with fire and think you'd get away with it?! Jokes on you! I'm the type that holds a grudge!"

"Dammit, you Monsters are just so clingy.", Mikey said underneath his armor.

"Hehe, Lord Malice Natural Water, allow me to lend you claw. I'll hinder his attacks-!", as soon as he appeared, the ice cracked off and a water jet lunged at him and covered his upper body. Suddenly, something oily was being absorbed from his body along with other bodily fluids. "W-Wait! No! Stop it I can-!!!", he stopped struggling as he, along with his symbiote had quickly died off due to lack of fluids.

"Of course! It's absorbing the water inside of a human but also the oil produced by human skin. Oil has a lower freezing point than water... it's smart... surprisingly smart. It came up with a solution without a brain or nerves... weird!!!", Mikey was taken aback as his leg was pierced through his armor by a water jet. "I-I-It got through?!"

"Based on the data gathered by Demon Cyborg, the real problem is the Dragon threats, even among the S Class, only Master Moros and Kirika could deal with them without difficulty. A difficult position, but there's no proper strategy.", Dominic thought as he went through the files gathered on the Dragon threats.

"IF YOU'RE LOST THEN SAY IT DUMBASS! WE'VE BEEN THROUGH THIS PATH SEVERAL TIMES!!!", Released Moros said with agitation and irritation.

"Could it be... an enemy's trap.", FlashStep said, denying the fact he has no sense of direction.

"Yeah right, you're just lost. We're getting nowhere like this, so let's just bust through a wall until we find an end. And if we find a Monster, we'll tie them up so they'll tell us where to go!", Moros said as he flicked away a wall, FlashStep sighed a bit.

"Hmph, that violates my policy... but, it's not a bad scheme at all.", FlashStep said as Moros kept bursting through wall after wall...

A monster that resembled Mike Wazowski was taking a fat shit to avoid fighting Heroes. Before Released Moros bursted through the wall with FlashStep. "Found someone, oh yeah, once you're done with your shit, take us to your leader okay?"

"I'll only wait for thirty seconds.", FlashStep said as he covered his nose along with Moros....

Now, when the Hero Association was established Heroes were only divided into three groups: Class C, Class B and Class A. When assigning a Class to a Hero, the Association took consideration to the following: actual accomplishment in slaying Monsters, combat ability, contributing to society, and popularity. These are the main categories. It takes more than power to advance to A Class, the Association also included daily conducts and accomplishment as part of its evaluation. For those lacking in Physical strength, it is still possible to advance into higher ranks by just being active and playing to their strengths. The establishment of this evaluation system led to a fierce battle of justice that lasted over six months, where the rankings will see changes almost every week.

But then the Association discovered Disaster Level Demon, Monsters which took the combined night of multiple consistently high ranked Heroes to defeat... as well as the existence of beings who can defeat them by themselves. Inconceivably they didn't care about their rankings, but whenever Heroes are eager for recognition got wiped out after arriving so early, they will show up by themselves, fight and win. In terms of overall accomplishment, their diligent Hero work were always overshadowed by those of higher ranks. If this were to continue it would become difficult to secure those with rare abilities, so the Association made a choice. For individuals who specialized in physical and combat prowess that can rival an entire division of another nation, a new classification was made. They had become known as the S Class Heroes, thus starting a new ranking system. "Fame and Glory". That was the ambition of many who chose the path of a professional Hero, however their goal is always 'Top of A Class, never S Class', the common knowledge that was accepted even among the finest Fighters: "The S Class are insane!".

This was the expression of awe from those who once had the goal of being the strongest and acknowledgment of the existence of beings that will not waver no matter the opponent... however.

The opponents this time aren't the usual pushovers, this was shown with Class S Rank 10: PigMan, who was currently in the jaws of Toothy, the loser of their battle.

"See, you couldn't ever even lay a dent on me.", Perfect Core said to the Class S Rank 4 Hero: Atomic Samurai, their battle had equal amount of effort on both sides but Kazeseinaru couldn't go forever.

"Then what was the last eight minutes?...", Kazeseinaru struggled to say as Perfect Core chuckled.

"Pity."

"What's the matter S Class? Aren't you going to revive again? Or can you not do that anymore?", Homeless King said to the Class S Rank 8 Hero: Walker, who had a gaping whole in his chest, along with missing arms.

"Drugs won't work either! It's a good thing the Metal Knight suit deployed a breathing system before self destructing! But I don't have my backpack on me anymore! It's still inside the legs! I c-can't win!", thought the Class S Rank 6 Hero: Metal Knight as he was engulfed by Malice Natural Water.

"Don't give up! Believe in the power of love! With it I can steady my breathing pattern and escape! Deep Angel Breaths!", though the Class S Rank 17 Hero: Puri Puri Prisoner, who was trying to get up.

"AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! KEEP THAT UGLY FUCKING FACE AWAY FROM MEEEEEEEE!!!!! STAY AWAY YOU UGLY MONSTER!", screams of terror came out of the Hero who was undoubtedly S Class level: Amai Mask.

These top ranked Heroes were only considered Monsters among human society. On this day, the Hero Association came into contact with a group of real monsters for the first time. Being prepared to face death for those who've attained power beyond that of a Human, that wasn't supposed to be their destiny. Today they aren't ready to die. In their minds a long forgotten feeling has began to re-emerge....

Fear
/End/