Chapter 29

Title: Interrupted

The two heroes continued running until three figures landed. One monster was, Phoenix was a tall red and gold bird that resembled a phoenix. He possessed big green eyes and his most notable feature was human hands which he hid behind his feathers. His plumes were purple. His appearance seemed to be based on a character from a comedy show called Animal Kingdom.

Another was 'Carnage' or 'Doku', a man whos Quirk gives him the ability to create a suit. The suit looked to be fleshy material, with black accents to it. He also had white eyes and a permanent grin.

Another was Muscular, a large, bulky and extremely muscular man set wide with short, spiky blond hair and small black eyes. He has a large scar going across the left side of his face, his left eye replaced with a prosthetic one, and he has another, smaller scar on the right side of his forehead, he wears a red tank top, a dark jacket which hangs around his waist, dark-colored pants, and black knee-high boots. "Not so fast Heroes!"

"Leave the father and daughter and we- Nah, we'll kill ya anyways!", Carnage said with a sadistic grin.

"The news said Metal Bat was fighting Elder Centipede, but I don't see him. Where is he?", Phoenix looked around, ignoring the other Heroes.

Metal Bat was sent back by a heavy punch from Gray who only smiled at the sight of his pain. "Heh, you're already a wreck. You're barely even moving, so this fight would be over before I even get a chance to look at your skills.", he said with a cocky tone.

"Shut your mouth!", Panku quickly leapt up, brought his bat over his head and slammed down. Only for the hut to tear a piece of his shirt off as Gray slithered through and decked him in the face with his left, then throw him off balance with another punch from his right. Before Panku could hit the ground he used his bat to keep balance, then slammed the ground with his bat again, but it missed again.

Gray landed behind him in disbelief. "So much blood and you might pass out at anytime plus you have multiple broken bones. So, is it that Hero Pride keeping ya standing?", Gray asked as he ducked under a swing, the flipped over another one and kicked Panku in the face. But he simply stood his ground and pushed it off and started swinging at Gray repeatedly, he looked even more shocked at this development. "His swings are faster?!", Panku growled as he slammed his bat on the ground again, it missed but this time, the outcome shattered the ground upon impact and cracked a nearby building. "More powerful too."

"I can't believe this but I have too.", Panku blocked the incoming fists of Gray, and lunged are him, before Gray could be hit he dodged, but as soon as the bat hit the ground, the cars nearby jumped up a foot in the air before dropping back down.

Gray landed on the fence panting. "Yeah, there's no doubt about it. Every hit he takes, every time he takes damage... his physical abilities increase!", the Hero Hunter just looked incredulous. "How do you even make sense? You were dead on your feet."

Panku looked at him with a determined face. "Fuck any sense in this!", he said before giving his answer. "It's about fighting spirit!"

Gray just looked... dumbfounded by his answer. "Is he for real?"

"Let's get this over with Hero Hunter, that big centipede is waiting. And I ain't got time to waste!", Panku said, which infuriated Gray.