Concern

Naina's eyes flew open suddenly. She looked at the clock. There was still time for the alarm to go off. But she had to hurry. Slowly putting away Sameer's arm that rested on her waist, she slipped out of the bed.

Taking all required things from the cupboard, she went for a bath.

Sameer stirred in sleep, his hand searching for the familiar warmth. Instead of the delectable rise and dips of his wife's form, when his hand experienced flatness of the bed, he sat up with a jerk.

"Naina?" He looked around, still a little befuddled with sleep.

Finding the room empty, he called out loudly, "Nainaaa."

There was no reply.

He sprang up from the bed, trying to clear up his mind of grogginess.

When he was about to go out of the room, sound of running water from washroom made him halt.

"Naina?" He knocked at the washroom door.

The sound of water stopped.

"Kya hua, Sameer?" Her voice filled him with relief.

"Tumhe kya hua? Itni subah naha kyon rahi ho?" He asked once the tension of not finding her melted.

"Woh... kuch nahi... bas garmi lag rahi thi." She didn't sound very convincing.

He walked back to the bed, sitting with his back on the headboard, waiting for her to finish her bath.

She came out a little later.

"Yeh subah subah nahane ka kya soojha tumhe? Abhi toh alarm tak nahi baja hai." He came to stand behind her as she stood in front of the mirror.

"Umm... aankh khul gayi thi... toh socha jaldi naha lun... tum so rahe the." She picked up the brush.

He moved her hair over one shoulder, bending down to kiss the back of her neck before whispering in her ear, "Mujhe utha deti... subah exercise karna achha hota hai na."

Her shoulder hitched.

"Ab koi exercise nahi... na subah na baad mein." She flicked back her hair.

His eyes widened as he gaped at her in the mirror, "Kyon? Aisa toh ho hi nahi sakta... Naina, tum kisi baat se gussa ho kya?"

A small spurt of laughter made him frown.

"Paanch din aapko wait karna hoga, Mr Maheshwari...main gussa nahi hun par ismein main aapki koi madad nahi kar sakti." She gave a sly smile to his reflection.

He wrinked his nose for a few moments... then the realisation dawned upon him.

"Oh... toh tum khadi kyon ho... chalo, aaram karo... tumhe dard ho raha hai? Main garam paani laake dun? Dawai... dawai hai tumhare paas? Nahi toh main le aata hun... mumshiji ko keh deta hun aaj nahi aa sakta... tumhe chai chahiye? Arre, abhi tak yahan kya kar rahi ho?" He barraged her with concern, fussing around her.

She kept looking at him, a gratified smile on her lips.

"Offo Naina, samajh nahi aata kya tumhe? Chalo, aaram karo." He picked her up when she didn't move, taking her to the bed.

"Sameer... main theek hun... koi dard nahi ho raha... matlab, koi khaas nahi... na garam paani chahiye na dawai... aur tum chutti lene ke bahane mat dhundo... mujhe koi takleef nahi hai... tum aaram se office jao." She cupped his face as he leaned while gently putting her on the bed.

His brows furrowed, "Aise kaise takleef nahi hai? Jab Rahul ke ghar par the tab tumhe kitni pareshani hui thi... mujhe bhejne ke liye apna dard chupa rahi ho na?"

Kabhi Toh Nazar Milao Part 3जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें