Yaadon ke pal

"Yaad hai, Naina, ek baar bohot baarish hui thi aur hum dono hi yahan aa gaye the... bina jaane ki ek doosre ko yahan milenge." Sameer recalled the day.

Naina smiled, "Achhe se yaad hai... bina chatri ke aa gaye the tum... geele baal leke."

"Woh toh isliye ki padhai karne ki jaldi mein mujhe chatri yaad hi nahi aayi... ya shayad isliye bhi jisse tum pyar se sukha sako." He grinned, lowering his voice towards the end.

"Rehne do... tumhare sab bahane galat hain kyonki tum ek number ke aalsi aur padhaichor ho." She said with a straight face.

She was aware what he would do next. Before he could jump over the table behind which he stood, she had sprinted out of the library door. Sameer took two stairs at a time to follow her to the terrace.

She stood at the far end, a sly smile on her face.

"Pata hai yahan ki kaunsi baat yaad hai mujhe?" He asked as he started going towards her with slow steps.

"Umm... jab tumne woh green wala blouse dekha tha mere bag mein?" She asked with a raised brow.

He shook his head.

"Jab tumne meri chot pe marham lagaya tha?" She gingerly placed a hand on her waist where he had put the ointment.

He shook his head again, though the memory made him skip a beat.

Her voice dropped as be neared, "Jab... jab... pehli baar... woh kiss... "

"French kiss... woh bhi khaas hai par usse bhi zyada kya yaad aata hai batao?" He smirked, seeing the shyness even now, at the mention of French kiss.

She was taken by surprise. What could be more memorable for him. Shrugging her shoulders, she looked up as he stood right in front of her.

"Jab tumne thappad mara tha... bohot zor se maarti ho, Naina." He placed one hand on his cheek.

The thought of that day was heart wrenching for her... he had gone missing without saying anything. She had searched for him everywhere... classrooms, canteen, parking, library, even his hostel room... but no one knew his whereabouts. Her heart had stopped beating with unspoken fear. When she was totally dejected, she had come here to cry her heart out... and here he was.

The slap was her resentment... though it was unintentional.

"Tumhe andaza bhi hai tumne kya kiya tha uss din?" She could feel the salty tears sting her eyes again.

"Main bina bataye aaya tha par tha toh yahin na... itni choti si galti ke liye tumne itna zor se thappad laga diya." He brooded, looking away, thinking of getting some sympathy from her.

His eyes darted back when he heard her sniff.

"Naina, main toh mazak kar raha tha... koi baat nahi... main sach mein bas yun hi keh raha tha." He wiped her tears with the back of his fingers.

She looked at him with a strange expression that he could not decipher.

"Tum uss thappad ke liye dukhi ho rahi ho na?" He asked in a soft voice.

She shook her head, " Main isliye dukhi ho rahi hu kyonki uss din ek hi thappad maara... teen, chaar aur maarne chahiye the... tumhe abhi tak apni galti samajh nahi aayi hai."

He was aghast, "Teen chaar? Maine aisi kya galti ki?"

She closed her eyes, letting out a long exhale before she spoke, "Socho Sameer, aaj jab tum yahan pohoche toh tumhe pata tha main kahan milungi... lekin agar main uss ped ke neeche nahi hoti... na library mein, na yahan, na kahin aur milti tumhe... bas gayab ho jaati... Rahul aur Sonali ko bhi kuch pata nahi hota main kahan hun toh?"

Kabhi Toh Nazar Milao Part 3जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें