Roll over

Sorry for the delay

Naina tapped her hand out of habit on her sleeping baby. The place was empty. Had Sana not slept yet... was Sameer still up, taking care of her? Her eyes shot open... to the brightness from outside seeping in through a crack in thick curtains.

Two thing registered at the same moment... Sameer's warmth as he slept plastered behind her... and Sana, who had rolled over from her sheet.

Naina got up with a jerk, picking up her daughter who was sleeping very close to the edge of the bed. With a thudding heart, she held her against her chest, her eyes pooling up at the thought of her falling off the bed.

Only after the initial shock subsided could she fathom the situation... Sana had turned on her own.

A broad smile spread on her face. She was about to shake up Sameer when she remembered that he must have slept very late. Fondly pushing away the hair from his forehead, she mumbled a silent thank you to him. Her hand itched to touch the roughness on his jaw... but she controlled herself. Sameer would be up the moment he felt that touch. Even in deepest of sleep he would know.

Shifting slightly away, she fed Sana and put her back to sleep, after placing her sheets in the center of bed. She arranged pillows all around her. Picking up the big cushions from couch, she put them on the edge of the bed before going for her bath.

Sana was again sleeping on her stomach when Naina came out of the bathroom fifteen minutes later. But the wall of pillows had kept her protected. She felt a new concern spring up in her... if Sana tried to roll over a few times, she would definitely fall off the bed. The thought itself gave her shivers. She decided to speak to chachiji later in the day, asking her how to handle this new development.

It was much later when Sameer stirred, moving his hand on the bed to search for the soft comfort which didn't seem to be against him. He opened his eyes at the absence of any feel. There was no one on the bed... or in the room, he discerned as his eyes scanned the place quickly. Even Sana's bed was vacant.

"Naina." He got up, calling out to her.

There was no reply, from the bathroom or balcony.

Throwing the quilt away, he dashed out of the room. His tension dissipated the moment he stepped into the passage. Along with the aroma of his favourite breakfast, he could hear soft murmurs as Naina talked to the baby... and Sana's happy gurgles in reaction.

With her back to the door, Naina was busy making the alu paranthas while Sana laid in pram, darting her alert gaze at everything that was visible to her from that angle. He quietly bent down to softly kiss her forehead. Sana squealed louder. He placed a finger on his lips, and moved stealthily towards Naina.

"Good morning, jaan." He encircled her waist, nuzzling his face in her neck.

"Arre tum uth gaye. Thoda aur so jaate na... kal raat pata nahi kitni der tak jaage hoge." Her voice was laced with concern.

"Tum baahon mein nahi thi toh neend kaise aati." He placed a kiss on the cheek that had turned towards him.

She squirmed to free herself, chuckling, "Jaise pichle do ghante se aa rahi thi. Achha hato, mujhe breakfast banane do."

"Pehle good morning bolo." He held her tighter, peppering the side of her neck with small kisses.

"Good morning, ab chodo." She tilted her head, trying to keep the shudder hidden from him.

The sudden turn made her hands land on his chest, leaving some dry dough flecks on it.

He gazed intently into her eyes, "Aise good morning bolte hain apne handsome pati ko?"

Kabhi Toh Nazar Milao Part 3जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें