Meri mumma

When Jai joined Sana's school, things became better for Naina. Her first half of the day was spent in the office and she returned around the same time her children came back from school. After they freshened up and had food, she sat with them to help them with homework and studies. Twelve year old Sana was now in class sixth and Jai was going to class second. Naina could see the traits of Sameer in her son... he had a sharp mind but didn't want to put it to studies. But if she could make the father concentrate on books, the little boy who adored her also fell to her bribing ways more often than not.

"Agar aaj tumne yeh saare sentences bana liye toh mumma aur Jai ice cream khane jayenge." She placed the practice notebook in front of him.

"Bas hum dono?" Jai's eyes twinkled with the prospect of getting both his favourite things together.

"Hmm, papa aur Sana ke bina." She flicked up her brows.

Jai tilted his head to glance at his sister, who was submerged in her books, then turned to his mom, "Didi aur papa ke liye leke aa jayenge."

Naina smiled. However much he fought with Sana, she knew he loved his sister as much as he loved her... okay, maybe a little less, but Sana was a close second in Jai's list, for sure. With Sameer, he idolised his dad... but still scowled whenever he tried to be close to her. And that was one thing that earned him the last place in Jai's list of favourites. Still, father and son enjoyed together often, playing or talking in hushed tones that none of them revealed to her.

Naina could give a considerable amount of time to her writing after the study hours of kids. They played with Ramdhari, watched TV, and read books as well, a habit Naina had inculcated ever since they learnt to read. After Sameer returned, he played with them in the garden or some board games, letting Naina be on her own. The results were evident in the appreciation she had started getting for her stories. The producers no longer wanted a narration or a draft... they trusted her enough to know that she would give them the perfect tale of love that would bring an assurance of a superhit movie.

In all, Sameer and Naina had built a world of their dreams for themselves... achieving everything they ever wanted, and filling it with all the warmth and love they had craved for in their own early lives.

But there were some habits which refused to die.

Jai returned from school one day with muddy stains on his uniform, and a torn shirt pocket.

"Jai, yeh kya hua? Kahan chot lagi mere bete ko?" Naina panicked, kneeling in front of him to inspect his arms and legs.

There were some bruises on his knees and a small cut on the arm. But his frown showed that more than his wounds, it was anger that was making him restless.

"Gir gaye kya? Ya jhagda kiya?" Naina asked worriedly, taking the first aid box from side cabinet to clean his wounds.

Sana put aside her bag, complaining in a mild voice, "Mumma, pata nahi Jai ko kya hua. Isne Sourav ko pehle dhakka maara fir usse kick karne laga. Woh toh maine rok liya Sourav ko warna woh ek chote se ladke se thodi maar khata."

She turned to Jai, "Tum aage se mere friends ke saath ladai mat karna. Aaj Sourav ne meri baat maan li lekin next time nahi manega toh tumhe chot lagegi na... kitna bada hai woh tumse."

Naina narrowed her eyes at her son, "Tumne didi ke friends se kyon jhagda kiya?"

Dropping the corner of his lips, Jai gave a subdued look to his mom, "Maine nai kiya... galti se ho gaya."

Naina raised her brows, "Galti se dhakka lag sakta hai, Jai lekin tumne kick bhi kiya na? Kyon? Mumma ne bola hai na good boys fight nahi karte... fir tumne Sourav ko kyon maara?"

Kabhi Toh Nazar Milao Part 3जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें