Welcome home

Sameer entered the room with the little baby in his arms. Naina's half open eyes were stuck at the door. The moment she saw him, tears slid down the corners of her eyes. He walked upto her, and sat at the edge of the bed.

"Thank you, jaan. Jo maine kabhi sapne mein tak nahi socha tha aaj tumne mujhe woh bhi de diya." He was overwhelmed.

Her smile, amidst tears, made a few drops roll down his cheeks as well. He tilted his arms to show her the baby's face.

"Beta hai?" Her question amazed him.

"Mubarak ho, Mrs Maheshwari, Sana ka bhai aa gaya." He smiled, fighting the lump in his throat.

She took a deep breath, closing her eyes... happy that she did fulfill her daughter's wish.

"Tumhe bataya nahi doctor ne?" He asked when she opened them again.

"Maine hi mana kiya tha. Pehle hi nurses aur doctor ko bol diya tha ki mujhe baby se tum hi milwaoge." She mumbled in a low voice.

He placed the baby next to her, then got up to walk around the bed. Sitting on the other side, he cupped her face and kissed away the tears. When he lifted his face, she wiped his cheeks with her hand. He leaned and took her in a half hug.

"Naina, tum sach mein pari ho, meri kahani ki pari. Tumhari jadu ki chadi ne na sirf mere sapne sach kiye balki jo kabhi sapne mein dekha tak nahi tha woh pyar bhar diya meri zindagi mein." His voice was heavy.

A thunderous rumbling fell in their ears, making them turn towards the sound. Bright lights inside didn't bring the darkness of outside to their notice till now. Outside, the July sky was covered with thick, black clouds, and the splatter of pouring rain had completely covered the glass window.

They looked at each other.. the month had again brought something special and invaluable for them.

Sameer grinned, "Ab se ek aur anniversary manayenge hum iss mahine mein."

Their gazes turned to the tiny bundle lying in the crook of Naina's arm, his eyes shut tight. Sameer again bent down across Naina to place a light kiss on the head of his son, and another kiss on his wife's cheek.

"Agar aap logo ka romance khatam ho gaya ho toh hum bhi naye mehmaan ko dekh lein?" Preeti's lively voice from the door made him straighten up.

Looking back at the door, he made a face, faking annoyance, "Koi karne de toh romance karunga na... yahan toh ek nahi chaar chaar pyar ke dushman hain."

His friends walked in, nevertheless, while Munna smirked at him, "Preeti, iske romance khatam hone ka intezar karne baithe toh shayad hamare bachhon ke bachhe paida ho rahe honge issi hospital mein, lekin hamara bhai tab bhi bhabhi ko aise hi dekh raha hoga jaise abhi abhi lattoo hua hai."

With a hearty laugh, they all gathered around the bed, teasing a red faced Naina and gushing over the new baby, all at once. Naina stole a glance at Sameer, who stood behind everyone, staring at her with love filled eyes. The moment their eyes met, he winked... and Naina turned her face away, more colour spreading on her face.

Pandit narrowed his eyes at the baby, observing him from different angles, "Yaar Sameer, iski shakal toh tere jaisi nahi hai... dekh na, iski naak bilkul alag hai, ekdum choti si."

Munna craned his neck for a moment then rolled his eyes, "Ab chote bachhe ki naak toh choti hi hogi na, Pandit. "

"Arre haan, woh toh hai." Pandit nodded with a somber face.

Swati and Preeti gave an exasperated look to their husbands before bringing their attention back to the baby.

Swati lightly touched his cheek, "Sana kitni khush ho jayegi na sun ke, mujhe toh darr tha ki woh hamesha bhai ki baat karti hai agar behen aayi toh kya hoga."

Kabhi Toh Nazar Milao Part 3जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें