Renovation

After Nidhi left for her house for pag phera, Sameer looked at his mother, "Ab humein bhi nikalna hai, mummy. Ek bohot zaroori meeting hai. Munshiji aur postpone nahi kar sakte the isliye chaar baje rakhwayi hai. Abhi niklenge toh do baje tak Ahmedabad pohoch jayenge."

Vishakha's eyes turned misty. Just a few days with Sana had made her so attached to her that she had been ignoring the nagging reality... that her son and his family were here only for a short time. She took Sana in her arms, kissed her plump cheek and nuzzled her belly with her nose, making her giggle noisily.

A few tears spilled out of her eyes. As a child, and even after growing up, Sameer must have felt the same anguish whenever she said her goodbyes. Rather, she didn't say even that much most of the times. Her heart pierced at the thought of him waking up in the morning, only to be informed that his mother had left again... leaving him alone.

Sana's excited squeal brought her out of the painful memories. The little one seemed to find her necklace interesting, and was trying to twist it, and talk to it.

She smiled, pinching her cheek lightly, "Itna pasand hai toh yeh necklace tumhe hi de dungi."

As if she could understand, Sana grinned again, flapping her arms.

Mr Somani took her from his wife, holding her gently with one large palm behind her back. Sana stared at him with big, round eyes, trying to recall the last time she had seen him. When his face broke into a soft smile, first thing she attacked was his spectacles. Her delight at pulling them off his nose was apparent from her high pitched shriek.

He chuckled at her fascination, "Tumhari dadi ki tarah main yeh nahi kahunga ki yeh tumhe de dunga. Hamari gudiya ko unki zaroorat kabhi na pade, main toh yehi chahta hun."

Vishakha shed a few more tears. His acceptance came too late, but she was glad that whatever brought the change in him, it changed the equation in their family... making them a family in real sense, in spite of the distances.

It was almost lunch time when Sameer and Naina reached home. Sana lunged at Ramdhari the moment he opened the door. He was more than happy to play with her, having missed her terribly for the last few days. Looked like she missed him too.

After freshening up, they had their lunch. Since Sana had slept all through the journey, she wasn't least bit sleepy. The habit of last few days of going out repeatedly made her expect that she was being taken out again when Sameer got ready for his meeting. But when he kissed her and waved goodbye, her lips curled downwards. Naina assured him that she would take care and he could leave. The moment Sana realised that he had actually gone, she broke into a full fledged squall which did not stop even after several attempts of both her mom and Ramdhari.

When her prolonged crying resulted in hiccups, Naina could not see it anymore.

"Ramdhari bhaiya, aap ek taxi bula do, main Sana ko leke jaati hun. Iss tarah roti rahi toh bimar ho jayegi." She hurriedly instructed him and took Sana to the room to get her ready.

Her crying stopped the minute they sat in the cab.

"Badmaash ladki. Itna shouk ho gaya ghoomne ka ki mummy ki jaan nikal di ro ro ke." Naina was relieved to see her happy again.

Though she had not decided where to take Sana, when the driver asked for destination, unknowingly she mentioned the office address. She did not change it later, thinking that it would be a good idea to visit the office after so many months.

"Good evening ma'm. May I help you?" The receptionist in the main lobby was new.

Naina was surprised to see the fancy reception area, because there wasn't any such thing earlier.

Kabhi Toh Nazar Milao Part 3जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें