Perfect morning

It was about fifteen days later that they went to Preeti's house, for her baby's naamkaran ceremony. Preeti was delighted when her mother in law named the boy Harsh.

Phulla bua finally left for Mumbai after another two days. It was a tearful farewell, for all of them. She always loved Naina, started adoring Sameer from the day she met him and now Sana had made a special place in her heart. She had grown fond of Ramdhari too, whose dedication and loyalty made him a part of the family. Going away wasn't easy, but she could not stay with them forever.

As if Sana could sense that someone was missing, she looked at the door at every sound. A few times, she began to cry, not finding the familiar, doting face around. Thankfully, Sameer was at home during the day. To soothe his baby girl, he took her on the terrace. Sana was excited at the change of view. He held her close, talking in soft tones as he showed her the few structures visible from their terrace. With her head pressed to his cheek, Sana quietly listened, blinking rapidly. Sameer wasn't sure how much she could make out, because he had come to know that infants couldn't see much far, but she seemed to be enjoying.

Bu the time he took her down, she had slept in his arms.

"Oh, yeh abhi so gayi. Ab raat ko fir se nahi soyegi. Sameer, chachiji ne bataya tha isko din mein kab kab sulana hai, isliye ab thodi thodi aadat lagne lagi thi raat ko jaldi sone ki." Naina gave him a weary look as she entered from balcony, where she was putting Sana's clothes for drying.

After placing the sleeping baby carefully on the bed, he came to her, "Tum fiqr mat karo. Main sambhal lunga."

She held his wrists, her eyes turning soft, "Tumhe lagta hai yeh sirf Sana ki fiqr hai? Raat ko uske jaagne se tum bhi nahi so paate, aur din bhar office mein rehna hota hai. Sameer, main nahi chahti tum office mein thake hue raho."

He lifted his hand, and kissed the fingers clasped around his wrist. She pursed her lips, moving her hands away. His firm grip around her waist did not let her create any distance between them.

"Raat ko jaagne ki aadat toh tumne saalon pehle hi daal di thi. School mein tumhari yaad mein jaagta tha, college mein tumhare liye bekaraar hoke, aur shaadi ke baad... tumhare pyar mein. Mujhe raaton ko jaagne ki aapne bohot achhi training de rakhi hai, madam." The glint in his eyes matched his smirk.

"Tum aisi baatein karna kabhi nahi chodoge na." Her face turned pink at his remark.

He grazed the back of his fingers on her cheek, "Nahi... jaise tum yun sharmana nahi chodogi."

She lowered her eyes, "Sana badi hogi tab tak meri yeh aadat bhi khatam ho hi jayegi."

He hooked a finger under her chin to turn her face up, "Nahi hogi. Maine dekha tha apne sapne mein. Tum dadi aur nani banke bhi issi tarah sharmate hue mujhe dekh rahi thi."

She coloured some more, "Dhatt. Kuch bhi bolte ho. Tab tak hum aise hi thodi rahenge."

He gazed at her face, admiring the new glow that adorned her post motherhood, "Hum aise hi rahenge, Naina... hamesha. Tum pehle se bhi zyada sundar ho jaogi aur main pehle se zyada pyar karunga tumse."

His eyes held the promise of a tomorrow that was even more beautiful than today... if it was even possible. But with Sameer, she had no doubt that it would be.

Sana did not stay up till very late in the night, as Naina had feared. The habits that Bela had started inculcating in her had started changing her routine. With the regular use of diaper, Naina wasn't worried about wet clothes at night but she still had to get up to feed the baby a few times. She didn't even need an alarm anymore... her body clock was attuned to Sana's requirement. In return, Sana almost instantly fell back to sleep after Naina fed her and burped her. Bela had told her that in a couple of months, she need not feed at night. Once Sana started to have bottle feed, she would easily sleep through the night, and so could her parents.

Kabhi Toh Nazar Milao Part 3जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें