Neighbour

When Sameer and Naina left in the morning, Naina felt sad to leave their friend's house. It was like they were leaving their own home. The attachment to Rahul and Sonali and their house was to the level that it made her eyes moist.

"Naina, kya hua? Aise dukhi kyon ho rahi ho?" Sameer was perplexed to hear her sniff when their cab hit the road.

Naina shook her head, wiping her eyes with the back of her hand. Sameer immediately fished out his handkerchief and dabbed at her cheeks and eyes. She looked at him. He pursed his lips, shaking his head to stop her from shedding tears. The end of his lips curved down while he rolled his fist and took it near his eye, twisting it to imply his own crying.

A short laugh spilled out of her, at his childish act, "Subah se tumhara natak shuru."

He smoothed her hair, smiling, "Meri Naina aise hanste hue rehni chahiye... warna meri subah nahi hoti."

She looked at him intently, then shifted closer, to rest her head on his chest. His arm came around her, feeling contented.

Phulla Bua was elated to see them.

"Tum dono ne mera rutba badha diya iss gali mein... sab kehte hain ki yeh un dono bachhon ki daadi hain jinhone iss saal top kiya hai." She kissed their foreheads.

"Bua dadi, aapko kisi aur ki kya zaroorat hai... aap toh waise hi yahan ke saare logon mein famous hain." Sameer gave a wide smile.

"Achha? Ab tu taang kheechega bua dadi ki?" She held his ear.

"Arre nahi nahi, bua dadi sach keh raha hun... aapko balcony mein dekha toh cab wala kehne laga aap toh saare raaste bol rahe the daadi ke yahan jaa rahe hain par yeh toh aapki badi behen lag rahi hai." Sameer dramatically imitated the cab driver.

"Tu aaj pitega mujhse." Bua dadi chased him in the room as he dodged her, laughing.

BANG...

He crashed into taiji who was entering the door... and she lost her balance, landing in a sitting position next to the door.

"Oho taiji, kitna girengi aap?" Sameer towered over her, hands on hips.

Naina rushed to her, kneeling down, "Aapko lagi toh nahi, taiji?"

"Lagi toh hai." She rubbed her elbow that had banged against the door.

Naina examined her arm to check the damage.

"O bai, itne dinon se yeh haath dard kar raha tha... abhi do teen din se hi thoda theek hua tha ab fir se lag gayi." Taiji grumbled, making a face.

"Sorry taiji, woh main... " Sameer apologised as he bent to help her.

She looked up sharply, "Ab tumhari umr Pralay babu jitni hai kya jo ghar mein yeh bhag daud kar rahe the... itna toh sochna... "

"Binaaaa." Bua dadi's stern voice cut her mid sentence.

Taiji gulped, remembering that she was not Bela's neighbour anymore where she could say harsh words, insult anybody and no one would raise their voice... she was Phulla bua's neighbour in Mumbai now, and she was getting the taste of everything that she had subjected others to, all her life.

Sameer and Naina helped her to get up.

"Kitni baar kaha hai tujhe dekh ke chala kar... lekin nahi... tujhe toh football ki tarah ludakte hue aana hai... waise tujhe haddi tootne ka koi khatra toh nahi hai... har taraf itni charbi hai... fir bhi zara khyal rakha kar." Phulla bua did not fail to hurl taunts at her.

"Daadiji, maine sabziyan bana di hain aur aata laga diya hai... baaki kuch banana hai toh aap bata do." The cook called out from the kitchen door before taiji could utter something.

Kabhi Toh Nazar Milao Part 3जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें