Bride

Vishakha was elated to see Sana, "Arre waah, aaj toh hamari gudiya badi pyaari lag rahi hai."

Deepika pulled her cheeks, jumping around while Sana giggled at her antics.

When Sameer climbed down the stairs and stood with his wife and daughter, wearing an off white kurta with a half jacket in a shade of beige, the three of them together looked no less than royalty.

"Tum logon ko aaj pakka nazar lag jayegi." Vishakha quickly came ahead, dotting behind their ears with a dab of kajal from her eye.

Rohan was made to sit on a chair and Vishakha tied a pagdi for him. Naina performed the customary aarti and they were ready to leave for the venue. From home, they left in cars but stopped at a point half a kilometer away from the decorated wedding hall. Mr Somani and Vishakha had called their guests to join them at the meeting point so that the baraat looks like what it should be, a buoyant gathering... even without any relatives.

Sameer helped Rohan to sit on a white mare and they started walking towards their destination, with the band playing typical marriage beats. A few people danced with Vishakha and Mr Somani. Deepika was excitedly showing all the steps she had learned specially for this occasion.

"Naina, tumhe pata hai, jab main ghodi pe baitha tha, tab mujhe achha toh bohot lag raha tha ki sab naach rahe hain, meri khushi mein khush ho rahe hain, lekin..." Sameer gave her a mysterious look, trailing off.

She looked at him, perplexed, "Lekin?"

He gave a quick touch of his forehead to hers, and winked, "Lekin inn sab ki wajah se dheere chalna pad raha tha toh gussa bhi aa raha tha. Mera mann kar raha tha ghodi ko duada ke tumhare paas le aaun... aur tumhe ussi ghodi pe bitha ke kahin door le jaun... sabse door... jahan bas tum aur main hon."

A faint blush spread on her cheeks. She could very well imagine his desperation to get to her immediately. She had been equally yearning to see him, waiting at her window.

Vishakha gestured to them, and both joined the dancing group, with Sana in Sameer's arm. After a while, Mr Somani offered to hold Sana. Sameer hesitated. Naina pressed his arm, giving a slight nod.

"Tum dono dance karo, Sana apne dadu ke paas khush hai." Mr Somani affectionately tickled her tummy.

Sana let out a loud chuckle. Sameer kept checking them, but she seemed to be comfortable, fascinated by her grandfather's spectacles and thick moustache. Every time he ducked back to avoid her holding onto his specs, she giggled louder.

Naina held his wrists, turning him towards her, "Khelne do, Sameer. Agar unhe dil se ichha nahi hoti toh woh Sana ko nahi lete. Hamari beti ne agar itne saalon ki barf pighla di hai toh tum bhi apne mann se thodi kadwahat nikal do. Beeti baatein bhulai nahi jaa sakti lekin unpe aaj ki khushiyon ka parda daala jaa sakta hai."

He let out a long exhale, as if throwing out the apprehensions, and gave a big smile to his beautiful wife... the reason of all his smiles.

The band started to play the tune of songs of Maine Pyar Kiya, and both were lost in dancing to the music of 'Dil diwana bin sajna ke maane na'. Vishakha waved a bunch of notes over their heads and handed to the boys playing the band.

The groom's party was given a grand welcome, along with a shower of flower petals and spray of rose water. Picking up a bunch of soft petals, Sameer pocketed them discreetly. However, one of Nidhi's cousins saw him, and teased him about it. But he wasn't perturbed anymore, now that they were teasing him as 'senior jiju'.

Nidhi looked resplendent in her deep red bridal outfit and fineries. Naina could relate to the glow of happiness on her face. With a sigh, she leaned on Sameer's arm as the new couple exchanged garlands.

Kabhi Toh Nazar Milao Part 3जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें