Chor

Sameer got some time to compose himself when Pandit's mother performed the pooja for Preeti. Naina did not look up at him again, keeping her eyes fixed on Preeti, a smile on her face.

"Beta, ek photo zara nazdeek se le lo Preeti ki, jismein yeh saara saaman bhi nazar aaye jo godh mein rakha hai." Aunty turned to Pandit, pointing at Preeti.

"Jee mummy." Words escaped Pandit's mouth before he could realise.

Ajay looked up with a jerk, nervousness evident on his face. Pandit coughed as his mother gave a shocked look to him.

Making his voice much softer, almost like he was trying to sound like a girl, Pandit adjusted the camera in front of his face before speaking, "Jee... mummy ke diye hue saaman ke saath sabhi photo nikalte hain. Main le leta hun aap baithiye."

The elderly lady nodded with a smile and moved away. Pandit heaved a sigh of relief. But was a wreck again when he realised that he had to step in front of Preeti and click some close ups. Swallowing hard, he kneeled in front of her, keeping his face hidden behind the camera.

"Bhaiya, achhe se lena. Kahin main zyada moti na lagun." Preeti straightened, giving him a chirpy smile.

Two fingers of his right hand instantly overlapped.

Sameer stifled a smile. He didn't have to worry about this danger anymore... Naina had recognised him so the sword of 'Bhaiya' wouldn't fall on him for sure.

"Sh... Shekhar." Pandit uttered in the same feminine voice.

Preeti gave him a perplexed look, "Kya Shekhar?"

"M... mera na.. naam." He stuttered.

Preeti exclaimed in understanding, "Achha, aapka naam Shekhar hai."

Releasing his fingers, he let out the breath he was holding, clicking a few pictures. As Preeti smiled widely at him... or rather, at the camera... he was lost in the glow of happiness on her face, forgetting to take photos and sat like a statue in front of her.

"Shekhar bhaiya, reel khatam ho gayi kya? Aap photo kyon nahi le rahe?" Her voice snapped him out of the trance.

He brought down the heavy camera, resting it over his folded leg, gritting his teeth. For a moment, his face was revealed to her, then he quickly stood up.

It was Preeti's turn to go still as she saw his face for the first time. There was nothing familiar on the face... except his eyes...

She narrowed hers. How was it possible? Those eyes were the same. She could recognise those eyes anywhere. But this person didn't have any similarity with Pandit... or did he?

Her eyes moved over the photographer as he stood in front of her, fidgeting with his camera. Height was the same. She couldn't make out the built in his loosely fitted, dull clothes. Pandit always wore bright, colourful shirts. But clothes were not any indication. However, this person was dark... far from the gleaming complexion of Pandit. Since his camera again hid his face, Preeti wasn't so sure now. Maybe she was hallucinating... maybe she was missing Pandit.

Lost in thoughts, she shifted a little and her purse slipped down to the floor. In a reflex action, Pandit ducked, picking it up before she could bend down... and put it back beside her.

When he straightened, Preeti had a calm expression on her face. He clicked some more photographs.

"Ek zara side se lena... yahan baith ke." She pointed beside her chair.

Pandit went closer, kneeling again, not moving the camera from his face.

On the pretext of adjusting the pallu over her head, she whispered through closed mouth, "Chain shirt ke andar kar lo warna mummyji bhi pehchaan lengi."

Kabhi Toh Nazar Milao Part 3जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें