Solutions

"Tumne pehle kyon nahi bataya? Yeh toh kitni badi baat hai, Sameer. Designer Association ka contract milne se pata hai humein kitna faayda hoga... aur tum keh rahe the yahan apply karna bekar ki mehnat hai, humein kabhi nahi milega yeh contract." Naina was enthralled to hear the news next day in office.

A big designer boom had seemed to hit the country suddenly. With ever increasing fashion shows and film stars donning specially designed clothes for film premiers, award shows, photo shoots and even in some movies, the country was accepting designer outfits by a few well known names as the certificate to be considered elite. Mumbai had formed an association of the designers which took collective decisions for procurement of their materials and other things, to make sure that everybody was able to deliver good products. Also, the competition was not as cut-throat as would be many years later.

When Naina had seen the call for applying for supply to this association about a month back, she had excitedly discussed it with Sameer and munshiji. The latter did not see it as that big a thing, presuming it to be a group of mass producers. Sameer was reluctant because he felt the material would be sourced mainly from Mumbai, so that the designers could keep an eye during production stage as well. But Naina had been insistent, saying that they could try just for the sake of it, without pinning too many hopes.

And today, they had the contract in their hand. She beamed as she saw the numbers appearing in the column of payment. In excitement, she forgot that they were in office and hurled herself in his arms. Sameer held her close, equally happy.

"Yeh sab tumhari mehnat ka phal hai, Naina. Agar tum itne yakeen se humein isme aage badhne ko nahi kehti toh aaj yeh din nahi aata." He complimented when she parted, overjoyed at her foresight.

"Ab ek doosre ke sar pe taaj pehnaane se behtar hoga hum planning karein ki iske liye kya kya karna padega. Dekho Sameer, kuch naye blends bhi banane honge. Maine magazines mein dekhe hain designer kapde. Humein unke hisaab se production ko thoda badalna padega." Naina started to make strategies to fulfill the contract.

Next week, when the representatives of Association came to Ahmedabad for a visit to factory, they were impressed by the entire setup as well as the young owners who, according to them, could understand the requirements of fashion better. But biggest problem was the factory being in Ahmedabad. Since they couldn't come over every now and then, they suggested to Sameer to have a new production unit in Mumbai.

When the feasibility was discussed, they all agreed that it would involve a very high investment, along with a severe increase in work load for both Sameer and Naina. Also, it would take a long time to procure the machines from foreign countries, and get them installed.

"Waise toh aajkal hum zyada factories mein nahi jaate. Sab jagah se naye production ki photos email se aa jaati hain lekin aapke yahan shayad abhi use nahi hota." A person from the visiting team looked around the office, not able to spot a computer.

They were aware of electronic mails, popularly called emails, as the new way of communication. Though it had been in India for sometime, last couple of years had seen a great surge in its installation and usage in all workplaces.

Once the visitors left, after assurance from them that a solution would be worked out soon, Naina was lost in thoughts. If computers were so widely being used, it was time for them to check out the probability of bringing it into their life as well.

"Lekin usko chalayega kaun, Naina? Yahan kaise laga sakte hain? Humein kahan kuch pata hai computer ke baare mein." Sameer was flabbergasted at her suggestion.

"Kisi bhi nayi cheez ko seekhne se hi pata chalta hai uske baare mein, Sameer. Agar sab jagah uska istemaal ho raha hai toh humein bhi try karna chahiye. Waqt ke saath nayi cheezen aati hain aur unki wajah se kaam karne ke tareeke badal jaate hain. Agar humne unko samajhne ki koshish nahi ki toh hum aage kaise badhenge? Aur rahi usko chalane ki baat, toh main hi shuruaat karungi. Badi market ke paas ek naya centre khula hai computer sikhane ke liye. Main unka course join kar leti hun." She assured him.

Kabhi Toh Nazar Milao Part 3जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें