Competition

Naina moved a little in sleep. Suddenly, there was a feel of emptiness. Her eyes shot open. The warmth she was so used to was missing. Sameer was not in bed.

"Sameer!" She sat up instantly.

It was unlike him to be up before her. Even if he woke up, he never moved away from her. Why was he not here then?

Her eyes scanned the room.

And a smile replaced the frown.

It was the morning of their anniversary.

The threads tied from one point to another were not visible but the pictures put up on them, with tiny clips, were all around her. It apeared that the photographs were hanging in the air. She got up swiftly, taking a look at each one, her smile getting wider as she realised he had spread the beautiful moments of their one year journey in the room. From the day of marriage, the rituals, her entry to this house, family and friends, their honeymoon to her joining the office, their trips to Nainital, Delhi and Mumbai, even the ones of office where they both were inspecting the new machines last week... he had managed to include everything. She could see the whole year displayed in front of her, all over their room.

"Yeh sab karne ke liye tum jaldi uthe, Sameer? Lekin ab kahan ho?" She peered at the washroom door.

It was ajar. He wasn't inside. It was the perfect time to do what she had planned for him. Going to her cupboard, she picked up the large box and started with her preparations, hoping that he stays where he is, for another few minutes.

She had thought of getting up early and do it but the tiredness of continuous hectic schedule of past few weeks had been making her lethargic. Even today, she had drifted into deep sleep again after opening her eyes once early morning. That time Sameer was peacefully sleeping with his one arm over her. She didn't get to know when he slipped out of the bed.

Nevertheless, this was the perfect time to do everything.

"Good morning, sweetheart." His soft voice floated in the room just a few seconds after she had finished doing her work.

She turned around to see him standing at the door, smiling.

He spread his arms. She ran into them, wrapping her hands around his neck to give a hard kiss on his rough cheek.

"Good morning, jaan." The last word was still a little lower in volume as she always felt shy to use such endearments.

They looked into each other's eyes, feeling the presence of each other in every pore, every cell of their body and soul. Their hearts swelled up at the thought that the one in their arms would belong to them forever... and beyond. The euphoria had only one name... bliss.

"Happy anniversary, Naina." He planted a kiss on her forehead.

She closed her eyes... the touch of his lips on her forehead gave her the feeling of most sacred, most cherished, most valuable thing in his life. It was the most loyal, true to heart form of expression of pure love. It showed everything... love, affection, respect, gratitude, appreciation... it made her feel special, very special.

"Happy anniversary, Sameer." She went on her toes to give him the same emotional fulfilment and assurance of her love.

"Kaisa laga?" He flicked his brows towards the photographs.

"Bohot achha gift hai... ekdum alag... lekin mera..." She gave him an appreciative smile.

"Madam, yeh gift nahi hai. Yeh toh sirf hamare beete hue saal ki khushiyon ki jhalak dikhani thi aapko. Abhi se khud ko shabaashi mat do." He pecked her lips to make her halt in mid sentence.

Kabhi Toh Nazar Milao Part 3जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें