Karma

Both sisters sat in the room, discussing Preeti's impending honeymoon.

Sameer and Naina had gifted honeymoon package to both newly wed couples. They were to leave Ahmedabad together next morning by air and reach Delhi. Pandit and Preeti had to go to Shimla while Munna and Swati were going to Manali. Their arrangements were done after checking a lot of brochures of stay options. Both wanted the best for their friends.

"Jijaji ka gift hai, special hi hoga." Preeti said with glazed eyes, excited about her first air travel and staying in a lavish hotel in Shimla.

Naina smacked her arm, bringing her out of her dream world, "Sirf Sameer ka nahi, mera bhi hai... tune toh mujhe apni zindagi se nikaal hi diya... har baat mein bas jijaji, jijaji karti rehti hai."

"Offo, maar kyon rahi hai? Achha baba, dono ka gift hai, par idea pakka jijaji ka hi raha hoga... tere rukhe sukhe dimaag mein toh aise romantic idea aayenge nahi." Preeti rubbed her arm, rolling her eyes.

Naina bit her lip, thinking how Sameer would have disagreed had he heard it.

Incessant noise from outside made them go out to check. Taiji was back, after changing into fresh clothes. Tauji was seated on the sofa in his usual ankle on another knee style. Bela sat on one of the dining chairs, living the role of one with injured ankle. Anand sat next to her, listening to taiji's rants about the loss of her expensive set. Sameer was nowhere to be seen.

"Chachaji, Sameer... " Naina's question was left incomplete as the answer walked in through the main door, along with Pandit.

They smiled at their wives before Pandit touched everyone's feet.

"Bohot der kar di, beta." Anand smiled fondly at him.

"Haan, thodi der ho gayi, aadhi picture nikal gayi, par aadhi toh baaki hai na." Pandit gave a wide smile.

Bela rounded her eyes, giving a surprised look to Preeti, who lowered her head. Anand realised Pandit was included in the plan too. He hoped things don't slip out of hand. But if Naina had told everything to Sameer, he could understand Sameer's anger. He didn't have the heart to stop him.

"Bela, baithi hi rahegi ya khatir bhi karegi apne damaad ki." Taiji taunted.

"Bela nahi uthegi, bhabhiji... uske pair mein moch aayi hai... agar thoda bhi zor diya toh dard badh jayega." Anand declared.

"O bai, toh fir khana? Khana kaun banayega?" Taiji was panic stricken.

"Khana ban gaya hai, taiji... chachiji ne pehle hi bana liya tha... aur jo reh gaya tha woh maine kar diya... ab bas roti banani rehti hain." Naina informed her.

Taiji took a relieved breath... a little too soon.

"Lekin ab main kitchen mein nahi jaa sakti... woh mera... matlab mera woh time hai... abhi hi hua... toh ab main aur madad nahi kar paungi." Bringing a pained expression on her face, Naina clutched her belly.

Sweat beads again appeared on taiji's forehead... there were far too many people to eat... the number of chapatis she would have to churn out would be huge.

Thankfully, Preeti was there... she had some solace. Her mind started working on how to pass on this tough job to Preeti.

"Naina, beta, khana lagana shuru kar de, fir tum logon ko wapis bhi jaana hai." Bela called out from the chair where she was sitting.

"Chachiji, meri tabiyat zara theek nahi hai... taiji ko hi karna hoga." Naina went closer to Bela, but her voice wasn't low enough.

Nobody reacted to her declaration, taking it to be a part of the act.

Kabhi Toh Nazar Milao Part 3जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें