Challenge

"Sameer, humein neeche jaana chahiye... chachiji ne yeh pooja ki thali ke liye tilak laane bheja tha mujhe... woh intezar kar rahi hain." Naina touched Sameer's arm.

He was so lost in her, the reason why they were here was forgotten.

"Kaisi pooja?" He mumbled.

"Sagai ki... neeche... jahan Pandit aur Preeti hain." She said slowly.

Sameer shook his head, trying to clear the fog that had made everything else hazy.

"Uh... haan, chalo." He ran his fingers through his hair.

She picked up a small pouch before walking back, and he followed her. As they reached the door, he held her arm, making her turn to look at him.

"Tum bohot sundar lag rahi ho, Naina." His voice was heavy.

Sensing his turmoil, she brought his hand to her lips, placing a kiss on the palm, then smiled at him.

"Ghar chalke batana kitni sundar lag rahi hun." The mellow tone of her voice, along with a promise, was soothing for him.

Finally, he smiled.

"Kaise jhatke deti ho tum... bata toh deti pehle ki yeh pehnne wali ho." His eyes were roving over her again.

"Main aayi thi balcony mein, tumhe dhoondne, par tum kahin dikhe hi nahi." She lamented.

"Dekha tha darwaze pe... jab tak main bahar aaya tum andar chali gayi thi." He recalled the fleeting glimpse that he got.

"Toh bolo, meri kya galti hai?" She was petulant.

His eyes darkened at her puffed cheeks and pouted lips.

"Tumhari galti yeh hai ki tum itni sundar ho... ki tumhe na dekh paane se meri paaglon jaisi haalat ho jaati hai... ki tumhare har naye roop se mujhe pehle se bhi zyada pyar ho jaata hai." His words proclaimed his feelings.

"Ab zyada shayar mat bano... chalo neeche chalte hain... warna koi humein dhoondne aa jayega." A proud but shy smile spread on her lips.

He stopped at the base of the stairs, "Tum pehle chali jao... main thoda ruk ke aata hun... koi dekhega toh theek nahi lagega."

She nodded, looked around to check if someone was visible... and finding no one in view, asked for his handkerchief.

"Kya hua?" He was perplexed.

"Do toh sahi." She insisted.

He fished out the white kerchief from his pocket and handed it to her.

Keeping her eyes on him, she opened one fold, and placed a kiss on the corner, putting it back in his hand.

She was out of his grasp before he could react. He was still standing with the handkerchief when she halted at the gate of building and turned. He lifted the piece of cloth to his lips, and kissed over the impression of her lips. She smiled, her eyes filled with mischief before darting out to the decorated area.

"Naina." He muttered, looking at perfectly curved mark on his hanky.

He placed his lips again on the red imprint and closed his eyes. Her fragrance lingered in the hanky, along with the warmth of her lips that seeped into him as his lips touched the same surface. Her gesture had filled him with gratification... at least for now.

Preeti was standing next to Pandit, resplendent in the saree and partially open hair. Pandit couldn't take his eyes off her.

"Aise mat dekho... sab hain yahan pe." She hissed, conscious of the way he was looking sideways throughout.

Kabhi Toh Nazar Milao Part 3जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें