Matters of heart

Sameer found Naina still sitting on the bed when he came out after bath. It was somewhat surprising for him because she usually was seeing the breakfast and tiffin preparations when he got ready for office in the morning. Though Ramdhari insisted that she should stay away from kitchen work, she liked to help in small ways, by chopping the salad or cutting fruits or packing the tiffin. Sameer had to instruct Ramdhari not to stop her from doing such light chores as he knew Naina wanted to remain involved in all things pertaining to him. Also, doctor had mentioned that it was better if she remained active, as long as she didn't exhaust herself.

But this morning... seeing her sitting with her head tilted back to rest on the headboard, eyes shut, hands wrapped over her stomach... left him tensed.

"Naina, tumhari tabiyat theek nahi hai kya? Kuch alag lag raha hai toh batao, hum abhi doctor ke paas chalte hain." His worried voice made her open her eyes.

Standing in front of her, just after his bath, he made her heart skip a beat... no, several beats as the water droplets slipped down his frame.

He could see no sign of pain or any discomfort on her face. Her eyes were telling a completely different story as they moved over him. He took another step towards her, running a hand through his hair. This one action of his, especially when his hair were wet, made her go weak... every single time... and he was well aware of it.

Her eyes shot up to his forehead, where a wet, errant strand was back, having defied his fingers.

His eyes glinted in anticipation. When his wife was admiring him openly, he wasn't the one to move in any direction except towards her.

Sitting down on the edge of the bed, he looked into her eyes.

"Tum kaho toh aaj office se chutti kar leta hun." His voice was husky as he lifted his hand to graze her cheek.

The soft, porcelain skin turned red instantly. She lowered her head, turning it slightly to the side.

"Meri tabiyat theek hai. Tum office jao." She murmured.

He took her hand and placed it on his chest, right over his heart, "Lekin meri theek nahi hai."

His heart thudded under her hand. The damp, cool skin against her burning palm heated it even more.

"Sam... Sameer, tum office ke liye ready ho jao. Main... main tumhara breakfast..." She stuttered, fighting the wave of different types of feelings flooding her heart.

He was so handsome, so perfect. The evening exercise routine that they had started at the beginning of her pregnancy had chiselled him even more. She was only doing some very light movements, and meditation... but he utilised that time to workout properly. And it showed. Her exercises were meant to relax her, but the results of his workouts were doing the opposite to her now. The fresh smell of soap, mixed with his musky, masculine scent was further creating  havoc with her system.

"Jaan, sach mein... aaj mera subah se hi mann nahi hai jane ka. Ek din se kuch nahi hoga." He threaded his fingers behind her hair.

"Nahi Sameer. Tum abhi naha ke aaye ho. Main toh... mujhe itne paseene aaye the abhi... tum... tum jao... jaake taiyar ho jao." She held his wrist to take his hand away from her hair, not very comfortable with her present state.

He leaned closer, stopping just a few inches away from her face, "Naina, tumhe pata hai na, tum mujhe hamesha khoobsurat lagti ho... fir aisi baatein kyon kar rahi ho? Mujhe koi farq nahi padta. Tum meri Naina ho... tumhari ek jhalak, tumhari khushbu, tumhara ek baar choo lena hi kaafi hai mujhe pagal karne ke liye. Aur agar tum chahti ho toh main leke chalta hun na abhi... naha lo."

Kabhi Toh Nazar Milao Part 3जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें