Galti

Naina had tumbled down quite a few stairs before Sameer caught her. The sound brought Ramdhari running.

"Hey bhagwan, yeh kya hua Naina bhabi ko?" He was horrified, bending down to see the cut on her forehead and a wound on her hand.

"Phone... phone kar doctor ko... jaldi." Sameer found his voice with difficulty.

Ramdhari hastened to the main hall.

Sameer picked up Naina in his arms, walking down the stairs carefully to avoid tripping on the clothes that lay strewn everywhere.

He had lifted her in his arms innumerable times... but the only memory that hit him now was the first time he had similarly taken her frail, unconscious body to the medical room in college three years back. She looked as vulnerable now as she looked then. He was awashed with a fresh pang of guilt... he had wanted to protect her even when he didn't talk to her in college, and now, when he should have taken care of her, all he had done was to bring his Naina back to the same condition.

"Mujhe maaf kardo, Naina... tumhare har dard ki wajah main hun." He mumbled, entering the door where he had left her in the morning.

After gently putting her on the bed, he stroked her hair, speaking in a choked voice, "I'm sorry, Naina... meri galti ne tumhara yeh haal kar diya... par main waada karta hun ab se kabhi aise gussa nahi karunga... pata nahi kaise main bhool gaya ki tum mere liye kitna kuch karti ho... main bohot bura hun, Naina jo tumhe samajh nahi paaya... lekin ab main samajh gaya hun... nanu bhi jaante the ki tumhe rishton ka kitna khyal hai... unhone kaha ki main hamesha tumhari baat maanu... main manunga abse Naina... hamesha... aur gussa bhi nahi karunga... tumne hi toh mera gussa khatam karwaya tha aur inn do dinon mein maine wohi gussa wapas laake tumpe hi dikha diya... mujhse bada bewakoof koi nahi hai jisse tum jaisi pyar karne wali biwi ki qadar nahi hai... par tum toh samajhdaar ho na, Naina... tum maaf kar dogi na mujhe? Wapas pyaar karogi na mujhe? Please Naina, mujse pyar karna band mat karna."

He held her hand, only to realise that it was still bleeding. He had wiped her forehead and hand with antiseptic by the time the doctor arrived.

"Arre Sameer, tumhari wife ke liye toh Dr Shaila ko bula lete... mujhe laga tumhari tabiyat kharab hai." Doctor was surprised.

Ramdhari had not mentioned the patient, just calling up the doctor who always visited their house for Sameer or nanaji.

"Aap nahi dekh payenge? Woh Naina... woh seediyon se gir ke behosh ho gayi hai." Sameer panicked.

"Main dekh leta hun." Doctor dragged a chair near the bed.

He checked her eyes, pulse and wounds on her forehead and hand

"Lagta hai bohot weakness hai... itne vrat wagerah rakhne se mana karo, Sameer... kitni kamzor hai yeh... kabse khana nahi khaya?" Doctor checked her with the stethoscope.

Sameer felt he had again been taken back in time, to the same moment... had she fainted for the same reason?

"Haan, doctor saab, Naina bhabhi ne subah nashta nahi kiya tha aur abhi bhi mana kar diya khane ke liye... lekin agar aaj vrat hai toh kal raat ka saara khana kyon fridge mein aise hi rakha hai? Sameer bhaiya, kya kal bhi vrat tha?" Ramdhari pondered innocently, looking at Sameer for answers.

He gulped. He was the reason for Naina's condition. She didn't eat last night because he refused to have dinner. His behaviour in the morning did not let her have breakfast either. But she made alu paranthas for him which he ate to his full.

Burying under guilt, he looked at the doctor, "Woh shayad Naina ne... shayad kal se... woh vrat nahi... main..."

"Arre haan doctor saab, Naina bhabhi ki chachiji bohot bimar hain... shayad isliye woh pareshan thi aur khana nahi khaya hoga." Ramdhari remarked, recalling how tensed she had been since last two days.

Kabhi Toh Nazar Milao Part 3जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें