Fascination

In their room at night, Sameer was still spellbound by the way Sana smiled at him. Now, as she slept peacefully, he gazed at her calm face, wondering how could such a tiny being have such strong feelings... she missed him... she was aware that he wasn't around... she wanted his presence near her. His heart swelled up in exhilaration.

Naina came out of the bathroom and sat on the bed, watching him adoring their sleeping baby.

He looked up, a smug smile on his face, "Mujhe miss kiya baby ne."

She nodded, pleased to see the glowing elation on his face.

He leaned and touched his lips softly to baby's forehead, "Papa ne bhi aapko bohot miss kiya, Sana."

"Haan, bas ek doosre ko miss karo... meri kise parwah hai... mujhe toh bhool hi gaye tum dono. Sana ko papa ki yaad aayi toh saara din roke bitaya... papa ko aate hi bas apni beti chahiye... meri kisi ko value hi nahi hai." Naina made a grumpy face, giving a side glance to Sameer.

He raised his eyes to her from across the baby. The way she sat... hugging her knees, lips twisted to the side, brows scrunched together... he didn't find any difference between the sleeping baby and the sulking baby. He got up and came around the bed.

"Tumhe toh sabse zyada miss kiya, jaan." He sat in front of her, looking at her rounded cheeks.

She threw him an angry glare, "Dikh raha hai. Ek baar bhi yaad nahi aayi hogi meri. Pehle toh aate hi gale lagaye bina tumhe chain nahi aata tha lekin aaj khyal hi nahi aaya. Hato, mujhe neend aa rahi hai."

She turned towards the baby and lied down, her back towards him. He tried to make her talk but she didn't react, keeping her eyes shut. Sameer slipped in beside her, though there was very less space. When he tried to wrap his arm around her, she shoved her elbow into his ribs.

"Naina, ek toh aaj main poora din office mein akela tha aur ab tum ghar mein bhi akela kar rahi ho. Jaan, suno na... woh... woh doctor ka naam sun ke main bohot ghabra gaya tha pehle... aur fir Sana ne itni pyari smile di toh main pagal hi ho gaya... isliye shayad... lekin tumhe pata hai na, tumhe apni baahon mein na lun toh mera din adhoora rehta hai... main kaise so paunga Naina, agar tum roothi rahogi... fir kal office kaise jaunga?" He rested his head lightly on her temple, speaking in a dejected voice.

Pressing her lips to stop the laughter ready to spurt out, she turned. The forlorn look on his face made her lose control and the giggles erupted. She held a hand to her mouth to muffle the sound, not to wake up Sana.

He was baffled, "Tum... tum toh gussa thi."

"Buddhu, main ched rahi thi tumhe. Apni beti se jalungi kya?" She smacked his chest.

The movement made him lose balance as he was on the edge of bed. She instantly wound her arm around him and pulled him back.

His lips curved into a mischievous smile as half his body rested on her, "Toh yeh sab mujhe kareeb bulane ke bahane the... matlab tumne bhi miss kiya mujhe."

"Bohot." She rubbed her nose onto his.

"Maine bhi... bohot." He leaned to capture her lips.

Her fingers were what his mouth landed upon.

He lifted his head, frowning.

Naina pointed at the sleeping baby. He swiftly got on his knees, and shifted the sheets carefully, taking the baby along towards the other side of bed.

Before lying down again, he winked, and pulled the t-shirt over his head before wrapping his arms around her. She snuggled into him, losing herself in his fragrance.

Kabhi Toh Nazar Milao Part 3जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें