Ik ladki bheegi bhagi si

Sameer could not get enough of hearing his daughter call him 'papa'. He nudged her repeatedly, making her say it. But Sana was his daughter after all. She started to tease him by opening her mouth to speak, and then let out a hearty laugh instead of the much coveted address.

"Naina, dekho na, yeh bol hi nahi rahi. Itni der ho gayi ek baar bhi papa nahi kaha." He grumbled, looking at Naina.

"Pichle ek ghante mein tum usse pachas baar toh bulwa chuke ho. Aur kitna bolegi ek saath, Sameer... seekh liya hai toh roz sunoge hi na." Naina gave him an amused look, drawing out another chuckle from Sana.

Sameer frowned in mock anger at his daughter, "Ab mummy ke saath mil ke mujhe sataogi? Papa ki beti nahi ho?"

Besides a new word, another thing she had learned was to understand yes and no by the sound and not just the action. The mention of 'nahi' made her shake her head vehemently.

"Papa ki hi beti ho... ho na?" Sameer nodded, realising his folly.

But Sana continued to move her head from side to side, making him glower more.

Naina could not control herself and burst out in laughter, at the pair of kids in front of her... one was nodding furiously and the other was shaking her head so hard that in no time, she toppled on the bed to her side. Quickly rolling over, she came to crawling position and darted to the edge of the bed. Sameer lunged to stop her from falling. Before he reached her, she herself halted and pointed at the floor, indicating through a throaty voice that she wanted to be put down.

Sameer raised his brows in appreciation, "Arre waah, tumhe yeh bhi pata chal gaya ki yahan se gir jaate hain!"

She beamed for a moment, then pointed again. Sameer stepped down the bed and picked her. She bend her whole body down, fidgeting to go on the floor.

"Neeche bitha do, Sameer. Usse khelna hoga. Exercise hoti hai aise chalne se." Naina directed as she unpacked his suitcase.

Putting Sana on the floor, Sameer brought the balloons that rested on the couch till now. She was more than happy to chase them, but stopped every few steps to look back at him... to make sure he was around.

"Isse darr hai ki kahin tum fir se na chale jao." Naina smiled fondly at the little girl.

Sameer came to stand close to her, his eyes also on his daughter, "Ab nahi jaunga, Naina. Do din aise lage jaise pata nahi kitne saalon se door hun tum dono se... pata nahi kabse nahi dekha hai tumhe."

She leaned on his chest, pursing her lips, "Yahan hamara bhi kuch aisa hi haal tha, Sameer. Tumhare bina sab soona tha... office, ghar, yeh kamra, main aur Sana."

He wrapped one arm around her shoulder, "Waise tumhara dupatte wala idea bohot achha tha. Chota sa hi sahi, apna ek hissa bhej diya tumne mere saath."

She placed one hand on his chest, glancing up at him with mischievous eyes, "Woh isliye ki jo jaadu maine kiya hai tumpe uska asar kahin pheeka na pad jaaye wahan ki sundar ladkiyon ko dekh ke."

He leaned a bit to pull out the pink dupatta from his open suitcase behind Naina, "Tumhara jadoo aur gehra ho gaya. Asar dekhogi?"

She stiffened, flicking her eyes at Sana. He turned his gaze to find the little one busy with balloons. With one hand, he unfurled the dupatta and spread it over both of them.

"Ab dikhaun asar?" He gripped her waist, pulling her to himself.

Her mouth opened... and closed without a word. His deep, boring eyes turned her into soft clay, that was ready to mould the way he wanted.

Kabhi Toh Nazar Milao Part 3जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें