New things

The moment Sameer switched off the ignition after entering the house, he picked up Sana from Naina's lap. The baby gave a loud scream, lurching her small arms to touch him. He lifted her up near his face and kissed her forehead. Her pleased and delighted smile satisfied him that she wasn't in any pain or discomfort.

"Sana theek hai, Sameer. Kuch nahi hua usse. Tum pareshan mat ho." Naina's assurance further put him at ease.

They reached the door to find it open. Ramdhari rushed out, seeing them.

"Maaf kijiye, Naina bhabhi. Humein aane mein itni der ho gayi. Aaj aapko sab karna pada. Woh kal raat wali bus..." Sameer cut short his apology.

"Koi baat nahi. Ab aa gaya hai na, ab jaldi se kaam kar de. Maine carpenter ko bulaya hai. Unke aane se pehle..." This time, Sameer was stopped midway by Ramdhari.

"Woh toh aake chale gaye." He remarked.

"Kya?" Sameer was disappointed.

Ramdhari nodded, "Haan bhaiya. Jaise hi humne aake taala khola, do aadmi aaye the. Bole lakdi ka kaam karna hai. Humein pata nahi tha toh humne kaha abhi ghar pe koi nahi hai baad mein aana."

Sameer pursed his lips. He didn't want to take a chance with Sana. She couldn't be left on the bed alone, even during daytime.

He turned to Naina, "Tum Sana ko pakdo, main dukaan pe phone karke bolta hu unhe wapas bhejne ko."

Ramdhari held up his hands, "Humein dijiye na bhaiya, Sana baby ki bohot yaad aayi itne din."

Sameer handed the baby to him. Naina smiled as he fondly cooed to Sana and she instantly recognised him, gurgling aloud.

A little later, Sameer was in the room with his daughter while Naina had gone up on the terrace to put up some clothes for drying.

"I'm so sorry baby... papa ki wajah se aapko chot lagi." He laid her on the bed, and held one ear.

Sana smiled, and tried to reach his hand. He bent over her, pressing two fingers to her plump cheek. She kicked in his chest. He lifted a little and held her toes. Tiny pink toes curled as he kissed over them. A throaty chuckle made him look up sharply. Did his daughter laugh? Keeping his eyes on her, he kissed the inner toes again. Sana let out a deeper squeal. Leaving her legs, he bent down and rubbed his nose on her belly.

And Sana burst into a proper, continuous chortle. He was astounded at the sound. He dipped his face again, and tickled her tummy. A hearty laugh greeted him again. Exhilerated, he picked her up, kissing her cheek.

"Kya chal raha hai papa beti ka... mujhe akela chod ke?" Naina teased, entering the room.

"Naina, dekho Sana ne kya naya seekha hai." He waved at her, eager to show the new skill.

A tickle in the abdomen and Sana's crackling laughter filled up the room. Naina watched mesmerised as her little baby let out deep, full throated laugh.

Ramdhari came to the room with tea for them. He was also taken by a pleasant surprise at the new sound.

Sameer beamed at him, "Dekha, kitni khush rehti hai meri beti."

Ramdhari grimaced at him, "Offo Sameer bhaiya, aapko itna bhi nahi pata ki aise nahi bolte. Nazar lag jayegi Sana baby ko. Rukiye, hum abhi aate hain."

Sameer gave him a puzzled look as he placed the tray on side table and ran out, only to return in a few minutes with something in his fisted hand. Both Naina and Sameer were amazed as he did the same exercise as chachiji and Phulla bua, and went back without a word.

Kabhi Toh Nazar Milao Part 3जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें